Lawnboy13

Newport Central Catholic/Holmes (9th Region Quarterfinals) predictions

Who wins this rematch?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rematch?

NewCath won by 6 last month on the same floor.

What you got?

I'll be providing play by play updates from this one, as well as, Dixie/Boone Co. game at 6:30.

My head says NCC by 5, but will be rooting with my heart for a Holmes victory.

If Holmes can keep it close going into and during 4th qt, they can win. There's some histroy when they fall behind late they implode. Expect NCC to try to get into their heads with high pressure D, which this Holmes team struggles with. Holmes should use their speed and quickness to avoid the pressure, run and gun from the opening tip.

Holmes win in a close one.

If I am Holmes I open the post and make the bigs guard the perimeter. Making the bigs guard the perimeter gives them a chance to win the rebounding battle and stops NCC from running on them. After watching the first round of girls, if we get the same type of refs there are going to be a lot of fouls. I wouldn't be surprised if both Bolden and Pangallo create a lot of fouls with their penetration. So I think the team that makes the most free throws wins the game. I think NCC wins by 8.

My predictions are always wrong so here you go. It seems to be a mismatch. NCC should win easily. I do hope for a competitive game.

If I am Holmes I open the post and make the bigs guard the perimeter. Making the bigs guard the perimeter gives them a chance to win the rebounding battle and stops NCC from running on them. After watching the first round of girls' date=' if we get the same type of refs there are going to be a lot of fouls. I wouldn't be surprised if both Bolden and Pangallo create a lot of fouls with their penetration. So I think the team that makes the most free throws wins the game. I think NCC wins by 8.[/quote']

Why would NC bigs come out to guard?

Bolden is going to get his and IMO with it likely being his swan song he could blow up for 30+.

NCC should win by 10+ but with it being a tourney game on the big floor.....I will predict NCC 58 Holmes 52 Final

I expect a big game from Bolden, he going to get his. But in the end, McDonald and Weyer will be too much for the Bulldogs.

NCC - 78

Holmes - 65

The way Holmes has been playing I'm not real sure there is a team in this tournament they can beat, but I have been wrong before. I see NCC winning by 16.

Just curious...why is everyone predicting a blowout when NCC only beat Holmes by 6 the first time WITHOUT Avery?

Holmes pressure really got to Newcath in the first game but Newcath killed Holmes on the boards which ended up being the difference. With Avery in there, that gives Holmes someone who can rebound with Newcath's bigs.

I still think Newcath is the favorite and SHOULD win, but I'd be surprised if it was a blowout like some think. Holmes hasn't played well lately but I doubt that shows up in a big game like tonight.

I refuse to vote in this poll. Who is Newport Catholic? Didn't they close 30 years ago? :angrybird8:

Just curious...why is everyone predicting a blowout when NCC only beat Holmes by 6 the first time WITHOUT Avery?

Holmes pressure really got to Newcath in the first game but Newcath killed Holmes on the boards which ended up being the difference. With Avery in there, that gives Holmes someone who can rebound with Newcath's bigs.

I still think Newcath is the favorite and SHOULD win, but I'd be surprised if it was a blowout like some think. Holmes hasn't played well lately but I doubt that shows up in a big game like tonight.

I'm still having trouble forgetting the big game last week..

I have 1 extra floor ticket, friend canceled. $20 ... Face value