Congrats!!: Ally Niece Freshman of Simon Kenton reaches 1000 point club

Ally Niece, a freshman on the Simon Kenton Lady Pioneer team, was honored tonight for reaching 1000 points in her high school career. Upon making a free throw the game was stopped and she was presented the game ball upon which she promptly passed it on to her father.

Ally and the Pioneers went on to soundly defeat the Ryle Raiders in the game. SK is now 2-0 and will face off with Notre Dame Saturday.

:banana:

1,000 points is awesome and congrats to her. I assume those points will not go in the SK record book since 990 or whatever of those points were scored elsewhere. Lets celebrate at SK when she hits 1,000 Pioneer points.

This has really hurt your feelings Kentucky Joe. Wanna bet she gets over 1000 at SK?

Oh, was it SK's points or Ally's? Let's Celebrate the accomplishment of a student/athlete hitting a 1000th High School point no matter where she played. I loved how she included her Dad in her Celebration. She's a wonderful kid and has a great supportive family.

For those of us not well-versed in Simon Kenton girls basketball can someone tell us where this girl was before she moved to Independence?

Ally is going to SK on open enrollment. Her previous varsity experience was as a middle schooler.

Ally is going to SK on open enrollment. Her previous varsity experience was as a middle schooler.

Guess I don't understand the rules clearly. She played Varsity as a middle schooler for Scott and is now playing Varsity at SK as a Frosh?

Playing Varsity at Scott didn't lock her in there? I guess I could see it if she was going private school to private- or private to public. But public to public?