Sign in to follow this  
Hellbird

Cooper 9 Boyle County 3

Final from Covington.

Cooper 3-0 in Doc Morris tourney so far.

Are there Sunday games?
i believe so. It's round robin so I think if you win 2 of your 3 games then you move on to Sunday.

i believe so. It's round robin so I think if you win 2 of your 3 games then you move on to Sunday.

Where will the games on Sunday be played at? Any times on games?

Great weekend for the Jags. Glad to see Dunn getting healthy and velocity and pitches working for him against Boyle. 5 strong innings, 1 hit and velocity creeping back up. Sitting 88mph with movement on the FB. Did get to see the top pitcher in the state the last inning. Hit 92mph a few times. Jags didn't seemed phased which was good against 6'7" and solid build. Dunn led off and scorched the second pitch clock at 92 to lead off the last inning. Holland scorched another 92mph to score Dunn. Hope the jags to continue to put the bats on the ball.

Great weekend for the Jags. Glad to see Dunn getting healthy and velocity and pitches working for him against Boyle. 5 strong innings, 1 hit and velocity creeping back up. Sitting 88mph with movement on the FB. Did get to see the top pitcher in the state the last inning. Hit 92mph a few times. Jags didn't seemed phased which was good against 6'7" and solid build. Dunn led off and scorched the second pitch clock at 92 to lead off the last inning. Holland scorched another 92mph to score Dunn. Hope the jags to continue to put the bats on the ball.

The most encouraging thing about this Jags team is during this current 4 game winning streak they were behind in every single game yet never gave up and kept coming back to win. Doesn't matter who is playing, they all have the confidence. The Holy Cross game I think they had an entirely different look giving some of the younger guys a chance to play and even that group got it done. These boys are having fun and have eachother backs. They seem to really be playing for their new coach and believe in him. Just a fun season so far.

The most encouraging thing about this Jags team is during this current 4 game winning streak they were behind in every single game yet never gave up and kept coming back to win. Doesn't matter who is playing, they all have the confidence. The Holy Cross game I think they had an entirely different look giving some of the younger guys a chance to play and even that group got it done. These boys are having fun and have eachother backs. They seem to really be playing for their new coach and believe in him. Just a fun season so far.

Congrats to the Jags and to Hunter for a great game! It's always a good day when the team from up North handles the South.

Congrats to the Jags and to Hunter for a great game! It's always a good day when the team from up North handles the South.

I had to leave early and missed the best part of the game. We all know what Hunter Dunn is capable of and he pitched that game and threw really well but what I unfortunately missed was Boyle Co.'s ace come in in the 7th inning. He is ranked #1 in the state and the Jags were still able to put some hits together to score another run in the 7th. Hunter Dunn faced him and Hunter got a hit followed by a double of their ace by Alex Holland and another hit off him by Jake Lawhorn. Pretty good to get 3 hits in one inning off the best in the state to top things off.

...what I unfortunately missed was Boyle Co.'s ace come in in the 7th inning. He is ranked #1 in the state and the Jags were still able to put some hits together to score another run in the 7th.

I clicked on this link to see if Micah Miniard, Boyle's ace, might have pitched. I assumed he didn't because they have a big district game with Garrard County today that I suspect he will start.

I clicked on this link to see if Micah Miniard, Boyle's ace, might have pitched. I assumed he didn't because they have a big district game with Garrard County today that I suspect he will start.

If he didn't then Boyle has another guy that throws in the low to mid 90's.

The pitcher who cam in in the 7th was #31. What is Micah's #?

Miniard pitched the 7th. Clocking in at 92mph.

If he didn't then Boyle has another guy that throws in the low to mid 90's.

The pitcher who cam in in the 7th was #31. What is Micah's #?

They used the inning as a bullpen session for him.

They used the inning as a bullpen session for him.

I figured that was the case. Was nice to see the Jags do really good against him in that 1 inning.

Sign in to follow this