Harry Reid: People Aren’t Educated on How to Use the Internet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“There are some people who are not like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Interneticon1.png, and these people need a little extra time,” the Nevada Democrat said at a press conference on the Democratic agenda.

Here is the real issue Mr. Reid.

A good portion of the US population has NO ACCESS to the internet - AT ALL. This according to July 2013 data at the following link:

Internet Connectivity, Usage Statistics for States

In your own state almost 1/3 (31.8%) of the people have no access to the internet. In Mississippi its over 40% have no access to the internet. In most states over 40% have no internet access at home.

There are only two 'universal' communication functions available to the US public - phone and mail. Neither requires that much 'training'.

The question is Mr. Reid - how where you ever going to communicate to the 20 to 40% of population who has no access to the internet? Did ACA have plans to address this substantial portion of the population? Are their plans to address this apparent, substantial gap? Did the Democrats in Congress not address this when the bill was passed in the middle of the night?

Taxpayers already 1.5 trillion in the hole on this disaster: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamacare-taxpayers-hole-1-5-094500219.html

Hmmm. I notice that there was no documentation for the claim in the article. I just completed renegotiation of our company's health premiums for this year. It was our best renewal in many years. A year over year 3.9 percent increase. We havent had less than double digets before the ACA. Sounds like it is working.

Hmmm. I notice that there was no documentation for the claim in the article. I just completed renegotiation of our company's health premiums for this year. It was our best renewal in many years. A year over year 3.9 percent increase. We havent had less than double digets before the ACA. Sounds like it is working.

How did it compare when it came to deducibles and co pays? Everything I have been involved with the premiums were about the same but the coverage was worse.

How did your company do that? Ours went up 39%. Before then, the highest we ever saw was 12%.

Ours went W A Y up on paper, but the company allowed some very V E R Y generous credits for non-smokers, for signing up for the Y or a gym, for lowering you blood sugar, blood pressure or cholesterol over the course of the year. But still, the coverage is W A Y less than we had before. Higher co-pays, higher deductibles, so much out-of-pocket, it's gonna wind up breaking us if anything unforeseen comes along.