LCCheer

Lincoln County 60 Harlan County 54

Final from Dunkin Donuts Classic at Lexington Catholic

Wow, didn't know that Lincoln Co started 4 Sophomores.

From LH:

Lincoln County 60, Harlan County 54: Lincoln County's young team — four sophomores in the starting lineup — is growing up. Since losing eight of their first nine games, the Patriots have won six of seven.

"We've come a long way," Coach Jeff Jackson said. "We're excited with the progress our kids are making."

Lincoln County showed its poise by making 15 of 18 free throws in the last four minutes to hold off Harlan County.

"We didn't panic, we didn't get rattled," Jackson said.

Sophomore Jacob Conway led the Patriots with 22 points, including 13 of 14 free throws. Brandon Pittman had 12 points and B.J. Hoover had 10. They're also sophomores.

Chad Massingill had 21 points and seven rebounds for Harlan County, which lost for only the second time in 16 games this season.

Read more here: High school basketball: Bullitt East, Willis bolt past Lexington Catholic minus Whitman | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Yes. Lincoln is very young. Future looks promising.

I was especially impressed with Timmy Taylor running the point and Jacob Conway.

Coach is Jeff Jackson. He use to coach at University Heights. He does a great job! He is very detailed and his teams are always good defensively. What I like is he always adjust his offense to his personnel.

Coach is Jeff Jackson. He use to coach at University Heights. He does a great job! He is very detailed and his teams are always good defensively. What I like is he always adjust his offense to his personnel.

You are right on about everything. Jackson's teams can look completely different year to year based on what players he has. But no matter if he plays fast or slow, his teams are always challenging for a regional title. I don't think they will win the 12th this year, but they will be a hard out for anyone.