jahearme

Pendleton County Head Coach

Not a done deal. He was offered it, but hasn't officially taken it yet. While certainly on the unexperienced side, he's a very good young coach, and he has a big future in basketball.

Cold feet? It was all over social media two weeks ago.

So here is the word I received today. Current assistant coach Jon Wirth is in line to become the new AD at Pendleton County.

The list of names in the running for head coach is narrowed down to- Tony Wise, Jay Bordas, Mike Listerman, current Pendleton freshman assistant coach Chris Stapleton, Campbell County's current freshman coach (Metcalfe?)

Good list of possible candidates.

If Wirth is going to be AD, can he still coach? Or are they going to make sure that those two positions are separate?

Good list of possible candidates.

If Wirth is going to be AD, can he still coach? Or are they going to make sure that those two positions are separate?

Those will be seperate positions.

I would highly doubt Stapleton is a serious contender for the job. And it was said he accepted the West Jessamine job.

Cold feet? It was all over social media two weeks ago.

My guess would be he would still leave for West Jessamine if he didn't get Pendleton's head coaching job. But that's just speculation on my part.

I would highly doubt Stapleton is a serious contender for the job. And it was said he accepted the West Jessamine job.

I promise you he's a serious contender and hasn't officially accepted the West Jessamine job.

I promise you he's a serious contender and hasn't officially accepted the West Jessamine job.

As much as I like him, he has only coached 8th grade and an AAU team, I would think that the varsity program at PCHS could find someone a bit more seasoned.

Tony Wise would be a good fit for this job in my opinion. I watched him at Montgomery several times last year and he did a really good job there. I saw his teams play at Frankfort too and they were really good while he was there for a Class A school.

Why do you say that?

That's just what my sources say.

Tony Wise would be a good fit for this job in my opinion. I watched him at Montgomery several times last year and he did a really good job there. I saw his teams play at Frankfort too and they were really good while he was there for a Class A school.

His resume would be hard to turn down. He can flat-out coach.

His resume would be hard to turn down. He can flat-out coach.

He does a good job. The man deserves to be at place where he can coach and not have to worry about all the other "extra curricular activities" that he had to deal with. Tony Wise #1

How good can this job be, will they ever have a chance to get out of the 10th?

How good can it be compared to what? They got out of the 10th in 2005

How good can it be compared to what? They got out of the 10th in 2005

Its not Mason County, Montgomery County or GRC by any stretch, but I would say its a quality job

Its not Mason County, Montgomery County or GRC by any stretch, but I would say its a quality job

I would say Pendleton is a much better job than Montgomery. Pendleton beat Montgomery in the Regional Tournament in 2010 and 2011, and Montgomery has never made it out of the 10th if I'm not mistaken. Plus Montgomery obviously has a degree of uncertainty and lack of continuity when it comes to coaches.