jahearme

Pendleton County Head Coach

Someone tell me why Wise would be a good fit for Pendleton?

Few thoughts

1. Lives in Scott County and is not planning on moving. Drive will eventually get old.

2. Wise is wants a prime time job. Not sure Pendleton is that job.

3. Points 1 & 2 make me think he would not be a long term solution.

Now maybe Pendleton doesnt care about that. WIse is a good coach and Pendleton would be lucky to get him. Just not sure how long he would stay.

Honestly I don't think he is going to be the coach....this is just my opinion on things I have heard and just putting it all together.

I heard the name Jeremy Miles come up as one who interviewed for this job. Jeremy was Randy McCoy's top assistant at Pikeville and now at UHA.

I heard the name Jeremy Miles come up as one who interviewed for this job. Jeremy was Randy McCoy's top assistant at Pikeville and now at UHA.

One of the names I've heard as well.

This is true...he did interview for the position

Someone tell me why Wise would be a good fit for Pendleton?

Few thoughts

1. Lives in Scott County and is not planning on moving. Drive will eventually get old.

2. Wise is wants a prime time job. Not sure Pendleton is that job.

3. Points 1 & 2 make me think he would not be a long term solution.

Now maybe Pendleton doesnt care about that. WIse is a good coach and Pendleton would be lucky to get him. Just not sure how long he would stay.

Falmouth isnt any further than it was to Mt. Sterling from Georgetown. Wondering what about the other coaches in the running make you feel that they could be long term?

Falmouth isnt any further than it was to Mt. Sterling from Georgetown. Wondering what about the other coaches in the running make you feel that they could be long term?

Pendleton County HS is about 3 miles closer to G-Town than Montgomery County.

Pendleton County HS is about 3 miles closer to G-Town than Montgomery County.

Depends on how many cows you have to swerve around.

And, even if the thought is Tony wants a better job (of course, doesn't just about every coach at the end of the day -- meaning if UK would hire you wouldn't you take the job), I would think the experience at Montgomery County might have changed that thought.

I am sure Pendleton has a lot to think about with 10 candidates supposedly interviewing for the job. Sure they will get the person they feel is best for the program. Don't know the other 9 candidates, but the names I heard were really being looked at after the interviews, the record of Tony fars outweighs the other 2 reported finalists. But, there are a lot more to think about than just a record.

Good luck Anthony Strong and Pendleton County. You obvioiusly have a tough decision to make. Not sure what they have besides Mason Monroe for year, but that is a good start for whomever they choose!

And, even if the thought is Tony wants a better job (of course, doesn't just about every coach at the end of the day -- meaning if UK would hire you wouldn't you take the job), I would think the experience at Montgomery County might have changed that thought.

I am sure Pendleton has a lot to think about with 10 candidates supposedly interviewing for the job. Sure they will get the person they feel is best for the program. Don't know the other 9 candidates, but the names I heard were really being looked at after the interviews, the record of Tony fars outweighs the other 2 reported finalists. But, there are a lot more to think about than just a record.

Good luck Anthony Strong and Pendleton County. You obvioiusly have a tough decision to make. Not sure what they have besides Mason Monroe for year, but that is a good start for whomever they choose!

This is nothing but hearsay, but you know how that goes. I laughed at loud at the idea that Happy Osborne would even think about coming to Montgomery County much less come and you see where that got me. The hearsay was that Jay Bordas was getting the job and Chris Gillespie was coming with him. Gillespie and Monroe together!

This is nothing but hearsay, but you know how that goes. I laughed at loud at the idea that Happy Osborne would even think about coming to Montgomery County much less come and you see where that got me. The hearsay was that Jay Bordas was getting the job and Chris Gillespie was coming with him. Gillespie and Monroe together!

Getting Chris Gillespie has to have been his sales pitch during the interview to hide the fact his awful coaching record. But, more than the coaching record, Bourbon County was a program with ZERO progress, if not a digression, during his time there. No dog in this fight, but I can't imagine out of 10 candidates they can't do better.

Between Gillispie and Monroe Im not sure if there will be enough shots to go around.

Getting Chris Gillespie has to have been his sales pitch during the interview to hide the fact his awful coaching record. But, more than the coaching record, Bourbon County was a program with ZERO progress, if not a digression, during his time there. No dog in this fight, but I can't imagine out of 10 candidates they can't do better.

All I can tell you is that I have heard its down to the final 2 and Wise is not in the running!! Coach Bordas is!!!

That has nothing to do with Chris Gillespie! No sales pitch needed. Coach Bordas cares about his players and teaches them to be respectful and play hard. His players always say yes sir, no sir, yes mam and no mam. A class act and PC would be very lucky to get such a great coach! Good Luck to everyone that has applied.

Stapletons name can now be taken out of the mix as it sounds like he will be in west jessamine next year. Good luck to a really good young coach!!

Stapletons name can now be taken out of the mix as it sounds like he will be in west jessamine next year. Good luck to a really good young coach!!

Might mean Bordas as I was hearing Wise, Bordas and Stapleton and last 2 posts eliminated 2 of those. Of course I'm not convinced Reitz won't surface. He was with Strong at Campbell.