gold sunrise

Bourbon County search for a new basketball coach

With Bourbon Co, also "going in a new direction", the 40th district will have 2 new coaches next season. Any info on who Bourbon Co will hire?

Didn't the LeMaster kid who graduated from Bourbon around 02, go into coaching?

Isn't he somewhere in the mountains coaching now? I really don't remember or know if he's still coaching, but would he be interested in coming home?

Was the Bourbon County coach fired or did he quit? I remember the tournament incident. Did that play a part in the change?

Was the Bourbon County coach fired or did he quit? I remember the tournament incident. Did that play a part in the change?

Was told they wanted to "Go in new directions"/

Bourbon needs to go in a different direction at the adminstrative level. Bourbon County adminstration is a JOKE!!! Since July Bourbon has gotten a new girls bball, girls golf, boys soccer, wrestling, football, girls and boys track, boys bball, and cheerleading coach. In the last 10 years bourbon has had 5 basketball coaches, 5 football coaches and 5 different principals. But just one superindent, so what seems to be the problem. So seems like she dont know what direction she wants to go in. The people of Bourbon community need to step up and get rid of the problem at the bottom of the hill before she totally destroys your school.

Bourbon needs to go in a different direction at the adminstrative level. Bourbon County adminstration is a JOKE!!! Since July Bourbon has gotten a new girls bball, girls golf, boys soccer, wrestling, football, girls and boys track, boys bball, and cheerleading coach. In the last 10 years bourbon has had 5 basketball coaches, 5 football coaches and 5 different principals. But just one superindent, so what seems to be the problem. So seems like she dont know what direction she wants to go in. The people of Bourbon community need to step up and get rid of the problem at the bottom of the hill before she totally destroys your school.

It's a 40th district thing. Sounds like the perfect catch phrase to bring people in!

It's a 40th district thing. Sounds like the perfect catch phrase to bring people in!

Not at Clark County...just saying.

Being a new comer to the state and seeing all of this coaching change is very interesting. I guess this is what one should expect when you love basketball in a state like Kentucky. I find this job job very intriguing and was wondering who the front runners are? Some coaches that I have had a chance to watch that I think would be great choices. I have also talked to quite a few people and these are the names I am hearing for this positions. (In no particular order) Juan Byers (Bourbon County Girls) not sure what his interest would be I know he coaches his daughter but thought he did a great job, a young and upcoming coach Kevin Reinhardt (Nicholas County) I heard he was a great ball player at the high school and collegiate levels thought he did a nice job with what he had to work with really seemed to know the game, another young coach Chris Gaither (Collins Boys) did a great job at Collins worked well with his team doubt he would leave Collins just a name I heard, heard a rumor that a guy from the college ranks named B.J. Aldridge is interested in getting into Kentucky High School Basketball does anyone know who this is and what kind of background he has? Phillip Conder (Collins Girls) I think he got his start at Shelby County from talking with some folks don't know his interest level but heard great things about him. Being new to the state and having chance to watch a lot of hoops I think these guys have some tremendous upside in my option. Again I am just basing this on what I have seen and heard so I would love to hear input from people have been around for awhile.

Didn't the LeMaster kid who graduated from Bourbon around 02, go into coaching?

Isn't he somewhere in the mountains coaching now? I really don't remember or know if he's still coaching, but would he be interested in coming home?

If I'm not mistaken, Preston LeMaster just finished his first season as head coach at East Ridge in Pike Co.

If I'm not mistaken, Preston LeMaster just finished his first season as head coach at East Ridge in Pike Co.

True statement. 15th region Runner-Up

I am hearing that Daniel Brown may leave Henry Clay to return to Bourbon Co.

^ Hearing the same news, that is Dan Browns job if he wants it. I've also heard word that Tony Wise has at least some interest in the job. That would be an INTERESTING district match up with Montgomery and Bourbon usually playing 3-4 games a year!

It don't matter who they hire as Basketball Coach they will not beat Clark County. Clark County is going to dominate the 40th district and be a top 5 team in the region every year.

It don't matter who they hire as Basketball Coach they will not beat Clark County. Clark County is going to dominate the 40th district and be a top 5 team in the region every year.

But hiring a good coach to build the program is a step in the right direction. Bourbon has the talent to compete more-so than what they have been.