gold sunrise

Who will be the new coach at Montgomery County?

Mercer County has on their agenda tonight "Consider the Appointment of Superintendent". http://www.mercer.k12.ky.us/board/agendas/2012/april24_2012_agenda.pdf

Phil Rison is a finalist for the Super's job.

Thanks for the info, may know something if we find out Rison's status on this job. Do you expect an announcement either way from this?

I spoke with someone in the know at Montgomery County and he tells me that Happy Osborne has agreed to be the next Coach for the Indians and it will be made official on May 1st. I think it's a great hire for MC but from what i'm told the school system is a wreck and has been since the new superintendent has taken office. I think their is a lot of unhappy folks in Montgomery County. I wonder why Happy would want to get involved with a school system that is on a down hill slide.

Happy has a teaching certificate.

What does he teach?
I don't think it's a general area but I have been told he has the teaching certificate but has never used it.

I'm going to go out on a big limb here and guess that he probably isn't going to be teaching any classes. :D

I'm going to go out on a big limb here and guess that he probably isn't going to be teaching any classes. :D

I was getting ready to post the same exact thing.

Watch out, Happy may know some Geometry now. I could see his class now, relating angles to backdoor cuts and screens and finding the arch needed for a perfect three point jump shot. He is a product (sort of ) of Georgetown College and they have a repuation of producing top notch teachers in KY!

Watch out, Happy may know some Geometry now. I could see his class now, relating angles to backdoor cuts and screens and finding the arch needed for a perfect three point jump shot. He is a product (sort of ) of Georgetown College and they have a repuation of producing top notch teachers in KY!

Based on spelling, I'm guessing you're talking about Math teachers! :laugh:

Shouldn't we know by now that it doesn't matter if you teach or not. All you gotta do is win. We will find a position for you so that you can lead us down this "new directon"

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Happy graduated from Morehead. He worked at Georgetown. This is a done deal. The financial package is quite creative. I believe it involves a generous salary for his wife as well.

I was asking earlier in either this thread or another about what high school coaches packages included that mighht sway a decision?

Heard that Happy was moving to Montgomery Co this weekend. Announcement to be made May 2nd.