Kentucky Cheerleading

Page 4 of The entire staff has bern fired after a three month investigation. Hazing, underage drinking, public nudity along with other undisclosed issues have ca... 97 comments | 3482 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    GrantNKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Location
    Be the person people are talking about, not the person talking about other people.
    Posts
    14,244

    As a somewhat recent graduate of UK, this entire thing reeks of garbage. I follow several past UK cheerleaders and Hatz story coincides exactly with their story. Sounds like UK may have done a pretty crappy job of investigating this entire thing. The whole part talking about nudity and hazing seems completely made up. The alcohol thing holds weight because none of them are denying that. But the other accusations are suspect and the whole upset parent thing seems logical at this point.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    3,614

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I will say this, the garbage that you say was taking place, is something that basically all college age kids are or have taken part in. .
    I think I disagree. I think there are a lot of college kids that do not and have not. I think this is just something that people say. Kind of like when someone smokes a lot of marijuana they will say "Everyone smokes marijuana" or when a married person is checking out someone that is not their spouse and they say "everyone looks."

    Probably over half of college kids party, drink, and act a fool, especially if they are living on campus. I doubt it is "basically all" of them though.

  3. #48
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    56,117

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Were drugs mentioned?
    Do they need to be?

  4. #49
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,294

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Do they need to be?
    I just figured if drugs were involved it would have been mentioned, it would have strengthened the case against those fired.

    I guess also, I don't assume everyone else is doing drugs.

  5. #50
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    6,165

    Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    Eww... I would find it inappropriate and cringy for my daughter/son to be nude in front of a coach in these circumstances.
    As someone who sent 3 kids to college, there are a few eww moments I know about and undoubtedly a whole lot I don’t (and don’t want to know).

    Bottom line, it was all females (I believe). The underage drinking is also not shocking. The fact that the coaches were present is a monumental error in judgement.

    I wonder if this was an annual thing as alumni cheerleaders were there.

    Also wonder who, if anyone was stupid enough to take photos (though everyone under the age of 30 can’t seem to help themselves).

  6. #51
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,250

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    I think I disagree. I think there are a lot of college kids that do not and have not. I think this is just something that people say. Kind of like when someone smokes a lot of marijuana they will say "Everyone smokes marijuana" or when a married person is checking out someone that is not their spouse and they say "everyone looks."

    Probably over half of college kids party, drink, and act a fool, especially if they are living on campus. I doubt it is "basically all" of them though.
    I agree.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by rjs4470 View Post
    I'd bet the farm that underage drinking was happening. Not as sure about drug use. I wouldn't be surprised either way if drugs were involved.
    Broad spectrum, marijuana is still considered drug use but is socially acceptable almost as much as alcohol. Adderall was big in college, take it the right way and it's similar to cocaine or meth. Realistically it takes one person to bring it and a handful to partake.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantNKY View Post
    As a somewhat recent graduate of UK, this entire thing reeks of garbage. I follow several past UK cheerleaders and Hatz story coincides exactly with their story. Sounds like UK may have done a pretty crappy job of investigating this entire thing. The whole part talking about nudity and hazing seems completely made up. The alcohol thing holds weight because none of them are denying that. But the other accusations are suspect and the whole upset parent thing seems logical at this point.
    Over time facts will come out, maybe photos or interviews etc. I hate that those involved are called "kids" they're not. With that said. For most of them, mom, dad and the family aren't going to be too disappointed in them for drinking at the lake like they did back in the day. Admitting to that isn't a big deal and in doing so they're acknowledging it's not COMPLETELY bull crap, just maybe blown out of proportion.
    Beyond that is where it gets dicey.

  9. #54
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,306

    I can’t believe that UK or any university for that matter would cut several coaches loose over “garbage allegations”. To invitate a class action suit over nothing is nonsensical.

  10. #55
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    56,117

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    I just figured if drugs were involved it would have been mentioned, it would have strengthened the case against those fired.

    I guess also, I don't assume everyone else is doing drugs.
    I don't assume everyone is doing drugs. I assume college kids that are drinking at the lake are also doing drugs.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,819

    So they were staying in Jabez? There are cabins that are a ways away from the water at Cumberland. This is a yearly deal where they go as a retreat. Alumni show up in Boats and the college kids go down to the water and meet up for a good time. Coaches stay in their cabins.
    Who is at fault?

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,815

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Do they need to be?
    Only if you consider weed a drug

    I’m sure underage drinking was going on, and I’m not sure, but I don’t believe UK considers cheerleading a “sport” so I’m sure some of them were smoking if random drug tests weren’t being administered.

    I doubt they were snorting coke off each other though

  13. #58
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,294

    Quote Originally Posted by okie1 View Post
    So they were staying in Jabez? There are cabins that are a ways away from the water at Cumberland. This is a yearly deal where they go as a retreat. Alumni show up in Boats and the college kids go down to the water and meet up for a good time. Coaches stay in their cabins.
    Who is at fault?
    Blame it on Jabez, if you're in Jabez...it's a party!!!

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    I can’t believe that UK or any university for that matter would cut several coaches loose over “garbage allegations”. To invitate a class action suit over nothing is nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by MBWC41 View Post
    Only if you consider weed a drug

    I’m sure underage drinking was going on, and I’m not sure, but I don’t believe UK considers cheerleading a “sport” so I’m sure some of them were smoking if random drug tests weren’t being administered.

    I doubt they were snorting coke off each other though :lol:
    What about therapeutic doses of prescription pills? So much more common than people realize, especially in college.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    I think I disagree. I think there are a lot of college kids that do not and have not. I think this is just something that people say. Kind of like when someone smokes a lot of marijuana they will say "Everyone smokes marijuana" or when a married person is checking out someone that is not their spouse and they say "everyone looks."

    Probably over half of college kids party, drink, and act a fool, especially if they are living on campus. I doubt it is "basically all" of them though.
    We definitely would agree to disagree then. Itís definitely more than half as you say, and would say the majority.

Top