Woodyard and Co.

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Hat Creek Cattle Ranch
    Posts
    1,072

    Woodyard and Co.

    I have read all the posts so far...but the one thing I havent heard and witnessed first hand Sat night was how physical UK played...especially Woodyard. We have seen this out of Wesley before but it seems that it is starting to rub off on the rest of the defense. Now I am not stating they shut UL down or they are a great D or anything...but it just seems to me they are playing more aggressive and physical defense than I have witnessed out of a UK D in a long time.

    IMO-WW is one of the top 5 LB's in the country. His motor is what all D-coord's dream of.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Log Mountain
    Posts
    11,309

    Quote Originally Posted by GusMcRae
    I have read all the posts so far...but the one thing I havent heard and witnessed first hand Sat night was how physical UK played...especially Woodyard. We have seen this out of Wesley before but it seems that it is starting to rub off on the rest of the defense. Now I am not stating they shut UL down or they are a great D or anything...but it just seems to me they are playing more aggressive and physical defense than I have witnessed out of a UK D in a long time.

    IMO-WW is one of the top 5 LB's in the country. His motor is what all D-coord's dream of.
    I thought UK's defense was more physical than UL's. UL's defense is probably more talented with better recruits, but UK's defense really left it all out on the field.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Log Mountain Boy
    I thought UK's defense was more physical than UL's. UL's defense is probably more talented with better recruits, but UK's defense really left it all out on the field.
    I heard several UL fans say it looked like UK wanted it more.

  4. #4
    tenaciousD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Rocking out at the ROCK
    Posts
    1,695

    Wesley Woodyard is everything that Kentucky football has become. Hard work and heart. It seemed like the man had his nose in on every tackle that was made. He is an absolute terror. I don't know where he ranks as far as a pro prospect, but you can not measure his worth in the UK locker room.

  5. #5
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    UK's defense hit hard, much like they did in the UT game last year. At least at happened earlier this year than last!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,040

    Great tackling all game long almost no UL yards after contact.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Hat Creek Cattle Ranch
    Posts
    1,072

    Quote Originally Posted by tenaciousD
    Wesley Woodyard is everything that Kentucky football has become. Hard work and heart. It seemed like the man had his nose in on every tackle that was made. He is an absolute terror. I don't know where he ranks as far as a pro prospect, but you can not measure his worth in the UK locker room.
    Did anyone else see during one of the time-outs WW just screaming at B Kelley?

  8. #8
    cardinalsvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    618

    The defense while not gangbusters just yet...is playing better other than the first half debacle against Kent State and I have to attribute that with Steve Brown being the new Def. Cordinator...he has brought his attack mode to the defense that was lacking from Dave Archer last season. You could tell Brown's fingerprints on the defense during the second half of the season when the the writing was on the wall that Archer was not coming back. Now let's just hope that Brown comes up with a way to stop Mr. McFadden this Saturday and force Dix to throw the ball against us.

Top