Woodson or Brohm ???????

Page 6 of Now after a head to head match up, who is the better QB???????... 228 comments | 4921 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who's the better QB?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Woodson

    84 63.64%
  • Brohm

    48 36.36%
  1. #76
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    BTW, Woodson is now 14 attempts without an interception from the NCAA record currently held by Trent Dilfer. (BTW, that was a record I would never have thought Dilfer held).
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    UNDERTHEBRIDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,901

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    UK earned the win but it was giftwrapped to them by lousy defense.

    How much of UofL's offense was the same way? UK couldn't cover the middle to save their lives. I have endzone seats and it was almost too easy watching the UofL recievers to call out who would be getting Brohm's passes because you could just watch the kid suddenly cut to the middle and suddenly have five yards of open space around him.

    And if you go to argue that UofL has a good offense to do that then aren't you being somewhat hypocritical to say that UofL has a good offensive performance based upon good O but Uk's offensive output was giftwrapped by a poor D?

  3. #78
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    Which is all the more reason that I am as ticked off as I am.

    Still the point of my post was that Louisville HAS accomplished those things, Kentucky hasn't. I would rather cheer my favorite teams accomplishments then revel in what my favorite team prevented their rival from accomplishing.
    Not all UK fans on here are relishing UL's National Title hopes being dashed. I for one do hate that for the Cards. I hope they win every game they play the rest of the season. I really do for 2 reasons.

    1. It makes the entire state look better in regards to football
    2. It improves UK's SOS

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,388

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    UK earned the win but it was giftwrapped to them by lousy defense.
    What you think Brohm has gone against most of his career when he plays UK. It is lousy defenses. But I dont see you say anything about that..He finally actually seen a decent UK defense tonight, and well lost....

  5. #80
    Sportz Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    Land of the Who Dey
    Posts
    9,803

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    I rest my case and point to you as proof.
    It is pointless you can't live in the past. Yes UK played a better more appealing bowl game last year and yes UK won tonight... sleep it off.. it's a long season for you to gather up ammo against UK.

  6. #81
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by UNDERTHEBRIDGE
    How much of UofL's offense was the same way? UK couldn't cover the middle to save their lives. I have endzone seats and it was almost too easy watching the UofL recievers to call out who would be getting Brohm's passes because you could just watch the kid suddenly cut to the middle and suddenly have five yards of open space around him.

    And if you go to argue that UofL has a good offense to do that then aren't you being somewhat hypocritical to say that UofL has a good offensive performance based upon good O but Uk's offensive output was giftwrapped by a poor D?
    In the words of Borat, ... 'Is nice!'

  7. #82
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach
    What you think Brohm has gone against most of his career when he plays UK. It is lousy defenses. But I dont see you say anything about that..He finally actually seen a decent UK defense tonight, and well lost....
    Yes his team lost, but he still looked great. He drove them down the field for the go ahead score with under 2 minutes remaining. He did his part. UL just left the Cats too much time.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,388

    Quote Originally Posted by 98NCCalum
    Are you sure you guys watched the same game? Woodson looked REAL shaky the whole game.

    He hit that guy that was 10 yards from anyone on the final play, I'llgive him that, but seriously, who misses that throw?

    To answer your question: Brohm is clearly the better QB.
    I will ask you the same thing? Did you watch the game, or are you just showing a little bias here?..I mean no doubt Woodson had his shaky moments in the game, and wasn't his sharpest. However it sure looked like to me that Brohm MISSED alot more passes than Woodson did tonight, and looked more shaky than Woodson IMO. Dont get me wrong they both are great, but if you want to talk about being shaky, looked like Brohm was more than Woodson. I mean Brohm missed ALOT of long passes tonight when he had guys open who had beat UK guys deep. He also in the 4th quarter had a guy wide open on the left streaking down field, and he shorthops the guy. Not to mention Brohm was the one who threw a interception in the game. I seen in the update thread you kept talking about Woodson being shaky, and never said anything about Brohm. When IMO Brohm definitely didn't look his best at all with some of the passes he missed. Both guys definitely were not their sharpest, but both guys did put their teams in position to win at the end...

    As for the poll I didn't vote, because I do think Brohm is barely a better college QB right now still though, but Woodson is the better Pro prospect...

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,388

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainThunder
    Yes his team lost, but he still looked great. He drove them down the field for the go ahead score with under 2 minutes remaining. He did his part. UL just left the Cats too much time.
    Yes he did look good and had good numbers. However he definitely was not as sharp today as he usually looks against UK...I know I was just commenting on that becasue All Tell said Woodson only did that because he went up against a bad defense, but what do you think Brohm has gone against when he plays UK. Thats right bad defenses. So I think its funny that a UL fan would use that excuse...

  10. #85
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    30-44 275 yds. 4 TDs, 0 INTs.....

    If that's shaky, I'll take shaky all year long.

  11. #86
    Sportz Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 04
    Location
    Land of the Who Dey
    Posts
    9,803

    [QUOTE=98NCCalum]Are you sure you guys watched the same game? Woodson looked REAL shaky the whole game. QUOTE]

    Woodson 30/44 275 Yards 4 TD

    I wonder what he plays like when he isn't nervous? And this was against the #9 team in the county. Pretty good shaky night if you ask me.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    T-Ville
    Posts
    3,641

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan
    30-44 275 yds. 4 TDs, 0 INTs.....

    If that's shaky, I'll take shaky all year long.
    And draft him as my fantasy QB!

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,971

    Quote Originally Posted by cvillecat
    Woodson wasn't any more shaky than Brohm was. Brohm made more mistakes tonight than he has in his whole career.

    There is no doubt that Woodson has the stronger arm of the two. Brohm is a great QB but tonight Woodson proved he has talent as well.
    Not true. His first 2 games as the starter for Trinity against St.X were worse than that.

  14. #89
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,068

    Brohm is the better QB... He is really like a machine. That is nothing against Woodson, because he is great as well... But as cliche a phrase as it is, Brohm plays like he has ice water in his veins. Nothing ever really seems to phase him. Yes, Woodson won this head to head matchup, but Brohm has won every one before this even going back to high school, so that question in the initial post is clearly showing a bias.

    As far as trying to discredit the win, every game is won or lost because of mistakes. Louisville was able to recover from their 2 early mistakes to make this a very competitive affair. Kentucky was able to recover from their late mistakes to win the game, when I personally was beginning to give up hope. The defensive coverage on the Tamme touchdown pass was great, he just brought down a heck of a catch... If he doesn't bring that one in, UK loses.... Everything doesn't always come down to the blown coverage in the final minute of the game on Johnson's second TD. Louisville's defense played bad, yes... But Kentucky's offense also played good. Saying most UK fans would act the same way if they were in this position doesn't make the behavior any more acceptable.

  15. #90
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,318

    Both QB's are very good. It's hard to tell who's the best out of the two. All I care about is Kentucky's HUGE win tonight! Go CATS!!!!

Top