Syracuse 38 UL 35

Page 11 of Originally Posted by RockPride ^ Michigan, Appy State Maybe I misunderstood, but for some reason this game (Michigan / App. State) did not have a sprea... 222 comments | 5290 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #151
    Shamrock7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    St. Matthews - Home of the Trinity ROCKS!
    Posts
    198

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan
    only that his Heisman hopes are pretty much done.
    Sad, but true.

    IMO, throwing for 555 yards is worthty of a Heisman Trophy, but not when your team loses two games? Seems a little corrupted to me.
    Advertisement

  2. #152
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,574

    From UC Coach Brian Kelly after the game tonight...

    "We had a chance to watch the Louisville game today and they must have been giving away $100 bills in the parking lot, because people were leaving the stadium in the third quarter."

    Ouch...

  3. #153

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym
    But none since 1987. In the last 15 years or so it has become more like the MLB MVP Award in that it is usually now given to the best player on an elite team. Brohm will probably stay in the conversation and could still get invited to New York but his shot is probably gone.
    You know a novel idea COULD be that if U of L simply continues to struggle and struggle (while still maintaining a winning record), and Brian's numbers stay off the charts, to keep them in games and winning some...it could come clearly evident how much of an MVP he really is....just a side thought.

  4. #154
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,717

    Brohm had more yards than Syracuse by himself....555 to 465.

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Posts
    470

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    Brohm is still a Heisman finalist. He doesn't line up at cornerback and give up 400+ yards through the air. Although, he couldn't be much worse than what they have back their now.
    No he just throws 2 picks against a winless Syracuse team. The bottom line is the Heisman goes to the best player on one of the best teams in the county. Brohm is neither. If he were one of the best players in the country then you find some way to beat teams you are better than.

  6. #156
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed 15th
    No he just throws 2 picks against a winless Syracuse team. The bottom line is the Heisman goes to the best player on one of the best teams in the county. Brohm is neither. If he were one of the best players in the country then you find some way to beat teams you are better than.
    He threw for 555 yards against Syracuse, and he doesn't play on that horrible defense. It's his fault they lost because he didn't throw for 750? Get with the program or we are going to have to deport you to the 14th or 16th region...

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Dec 69
    Posts
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by billyrayjoebob
    He threw for 555 yards against Syracuse, and he doesn't play on that horrible defense. It's his fault they lost because he didn't throw for 750? Get with the program or we are going to have to deport you to the 14th or 16th region...

  8. #158
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    From UC Coach Brian Kelly after the game tonight...

    "We had a chance to watch the Louisville game today and they must have been giving away $100 bills in the parking lot, because people were leaving the stadium in the third quarter."

    Ouch...
    I like Kelly, but it is unwise to be mouthing off about a future opponent...
    MYOB, which is your team...

  9. #159

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    From UC Coach Brian Kelly after the game tonight...

    "We had a chance to watch the Louisville game today and they must have been giving away $100 bills in the parking lot, because people were leaving the stadium in the third quarter."

    Ouch...
    U of L still had more fans in the stands than UC after half of them left.

  10. #160

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce
    Brohm had more yards than Syracuse by himself....555 to 465.
    I think that is part of the problem.This season is all about Brian and the heck with the team concept.Brian has to get his numbers for the Heisman and they are doing everything to boost them.They are going to have to score more than 35 pts and as good as their offense is supposed to be 35 isn't going to cut it.

  11. #161
    sportsfan1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    1,315

    Could you imagine if Brohm got to play against Louisville?

  12. #162
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,068

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan1977
    Could you imagine if Brohm got to play against Louisville?

  13. #163
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,574

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash
    U of L still had more fans in the stands than UC after half of them left.
    Do you really want to do the math on that. Let's not act like the Pizza Box holds more than it does. And by half time the place looked like Nippert used to...

  14. #164
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,574

    Quote Originally Posted by billyrayjoebob
    I like Kelly, but it is unwise to be mouthing off about a future opponent...
    MYOB, which is your team...
    That's BK in a nut shell. UL is the next home opponent and he's already building the hype...

  15. #165
    AverageJoesGym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?
    Posts
    16,781

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    You know a novel idea COULD be that if U of L simply continues to struggle and struggle (while still maintaining a winning record), and Brian's numbers stay off the charts, to keep them in games and winning some...it could come clearly evident how much of an MVP he really is....just a side thought.
    I'm not disagreeing. I don't think he should fall out of the race because his defense stinks but that's probably the way it will go.

Top