Steve Johnson arrested before EKU game

Page 2 of I realize this is a week old, but I was surprised to read it and even more suprised it hasn't been posted. Johnson to play despite arrest... 57 comments | 1476 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce
    So it doesn't matter whether or not you break the law, but HOW you break the law? Nice....
    Murder vs. jaywalking.

    Deserve equal treatment in your book?

    When did you become a mod?
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,766

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar
    Murder vs. jaywalking.

    Deserve equal treatment in your book?

    When did you become a mod?
    Resisting arrest is resisting arrest whether you're stopped for a DUI or suspended liscense/traffic violations. Agree?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    You guys win. Worst thing ever. Should've been drinking and driving instead.

  4. #19
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,766

    Typical....

  5. #20
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,577

    No you're right. It was no big deal. Simple case of racial profiling by the LEX police. The young man did nothing wrong. Good for him...

  6. #21
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,068

    I love it. A Louisville player gets arrested, the Louisville fans act like it's no big deal and the UK fans act like it's horrible... A Kentucky player gets arrested, the Kentucky fans act like it's no big deal and the UL fans act like it's horrible... The never ending chain! It's so comical how the tables turn... Well, I mean it makes me laugh so that counts for something.

  7. #22
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,766

    Hey I didn't post in the other thread.

  8. #23
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    You know this alone should be why the UK UofL game should be first in the season, this garbage would be cooled down by now. Both teams have young men that make mistakes and both have coaching staffs to deal with this stuff with more info then we have comparing criminal acts we really don't have anything but charges on is folly. But instead we snipe and smile at bad things.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Sugartit
    Posts
    11,424

    Brooksy should have sat him...disappointed he didn't.
    Resisting arrest is nothing to blow off. Could be an emotional behavior issue that needed to be adjusted. If the case is as it may seem, he should have to take some counseling as well. Should have sat a game, at the very least.

    Smoking weed and driving under the influence is not a good gig either, and Kragthorpe should have sat Spillman and had him set up for drug testing.

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman
    I love it. A Louisville player gets arrested, the Louisville fans act like it's no big deal and the UK fans act like it's horrible... A Kentucky player gets arrested, the Kentucky fans act like it's no big deal and the UL fans act like it's horrible... The never ending chain! It's so comical how the tables turn... Well, I mean it makes me laugh so that counts for something.

    I agree....The UofL and UK fanbases really aren't that different.

  11. #26
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,766

    Quote Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
    Brooksy should have sat him...disappointed he didn't.
    Resisting arrest is nothing to blow off. Could be an emotional behavior issue that needed to be adjusted. If the case is as it may seem, he should have to take some counseling as well. Should have sat a game, at the very least.

    Smoking weed and driving under the influence is not a good gig either, and Kragthorpe should have sat Spillman and had him set up for drug testing.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Location
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
    Posts
    9,489

    I don't know anything about the internal handling of the Spillman case nor the Johnson case, I just think it's funny how UofL/Kragthorpe get attacked on here for letting Spillman play but when the same thing happens for a UK player it's no big deal.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    This will be my last post about this.

    Brooks was not afraid to sit other players for disciplinary reasons (Pryor). The fact that he didn't see this as a big deal speaks volumes to me.

    Also, I'm very curious to see how this plays out in court.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,271

    your right LABS fair is fair.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,095

    Quote Originally Posted by letabrotherspeak
    Brooksy should have sat him...disappointed he didn't.
    Resisting arrest is nothing to blow off. Could be an emotional behavior issue that needed to be adjusted. If the case is as it may seem, he should have to take some counseling as well. Should have sat a game, at the very least.

    Smoking weed and driving under the influence is not a good gig either, and Kragthorpe should have sat Spillman and had him set up for drug testing.
    I think an important difference here is that Spillman was arrested in January. For all we know, he may have been in drug/alcohol counseling for the last 6 months. In fact, I have a strong suspicion that he has been at least for some of that time, as it's usually a condition of whatever resolution to such charges occurs. And, as far as we know, he gets drug tested every day...or not. I have no idea what Kragthorpe may have done to discipline Spillman.

    I'm not excusing his crime, I'm just saying that the Spillman incident has had months to work toward resolution, and that it's possible the reasons he wasn't out for a game was because other steps were taken.

Top