Nebraska @ Wake Forest Thoughts / Predictions

Page 2 of Wake, coming off a tough road loss at Boston College rolls out the welcome mat (the amount of Red in that stadium will be a hoot) for the Huskers. Nebr... 28 comments | 637 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Stat of the day: Groves Stadium will be the smallest venue Nebraska has played in since 1971.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Per ESPN, Bill Callahan has just signed a 3 year extension keeping Bill in Lincoln through 2011.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3003879

  3. #18
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    hssb - just curious, what made you such a huge Nebraska fan?

    Funny line one of my Sooner buddies said ---What does the "N" on the Cornhuskers' caps stand for? "Knowledge"....

  4. #19
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Riley Skinner has been upgraded to doubtful. I'm biased, but I don't think it'd matter.
    I'm still a little afraid that Nebraska has an eye on next week, but I hope I'm wrong.

    Don't forget Maurice Purify returns for this game from his one-game suspension -- that really should help open up an already effective offense.
    Skinner being out (if he is) probably wouldn't make a difference in the outcome, it imo will make a difference in the margin.

    Nebraska BIG!

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by billyrayjoebob
    hssb - just curious, what made you such a huge Nebraska fan?
    Great question.

    In the spring of 1992 I spent a week visiting our Delta Tau Delta Chapter at Nebraska. Instead of staying in the house I stayed in an apartment with one of the Senior Actives...All-American NT Pat Engelbert. Pat was great, gave me a bunch of gear, showed me through their World Class (in 1992) weight room, introduced me to Tom Osborne...etc. I started following them casually after that and with time it has just snow-balled. 15 years later my support and fandom for NU just keeps growing.

    This Saturday will be my first Nebraska road game. I've been to watch UK on the road many times, but never have seen Nebraska on the road. Obviously I'm pretty psyched.

  6. #21
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Great question.

    In the spring of 1992 I spent a week visiting our Delta Tau Delta Chapter at Nebraska. Instead of staying in the house I stayed in an apartment with one of the Senior Actives...All-American NT Pat Engelbert. Pat was great, gave me a bunch of gear, showed me through their World Class (in 1992) weight room, introduced me to Tom Osborne...etc. I started following them casually after that and with time it has just snow-balled. 15 years later my support and fandom for NU just keeps growing.

    This Saturday will be my first Nebraska road game. I've been to watch UK on the road many times, but never have seen Nebraska on the road. Obviously I'm pretty psyched.
    Cool!!!

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Stat of the day: Groves Stadium will be the smallest venue Nebraska has played in since 1971.
    Winston-Salem is not ready for the Husker Nation. The stadium will have tons of red. They think they know what their getting into but I dont think they do. But they shall find out Saturday and I cant wait to be a part of it. Next year Im going to try and make it to Lincoln for a game. Perhaps against Virginia Tech and then Im definently going to be at the return game in Blacksburg in 09.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    I talked to a guy today at the paper in Winston-Salem and they are expecting about 1/3 of the 36,000 seats to be Red-clad. That seems fair to me...although I would have probably guessed it would have been closer to 1/2. I guess we'll see for sure on Saturday at Noon.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Off to Winston-Salem...enjoy your weekend everyone.

  10. #25
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Off to Winston-Salem...enjoy your weekend everyone.
    Travel safe, have fun and I hope they lose...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Travel safe, have fun and I hope they lose...
    :fight:

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Adios amigos, Im off to Winston-Salem for the game and get to meet Hssb tonight. Should be a blast, GO BIG RED!!!!!!

  13. #28
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY
    Adios amigos, Im off to Winston-Salem for the game and get to meet Hssb tonight. Should be a blast, GO BIG RED!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Travel safe, have fun and I hope they lose...

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,084

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Off to Winston-Salem...enjoy your weekend everyone.

    Enjoy the game. Maybe we'll be able to get together at the CCH/DH playoff game, where I can finally buy you that Diet Coke and Hot Dog/Burger/Funnel Cake, whatever you want.

Top