Louisville would have no defense to look past Kentucky

Page 3 of Anyone who saw Middle Tennessee tear through Louisville's defense Thursday has to wonder if Kentucky running back Maurice Grinter isn't right. "Th... 56 comments | 1799 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Log Mountain
    Posts
    11,309

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRedRam
    Coming from a team that got their butt handed to them last season, that is disrespect. UK's best shot at this one was to say UofL is a great team and that they hope to play well enough to win. By saying we are "exposed" they are breaking down any overconfidance UofL may be bringing into this game.
    Again, I reiterate. This was a comment from a backup fullback. All the other players have been very respectful, much like Brohm was when talking about UK on ESPN yesterday.
    There is no way his remarks are going to affect the outcome of the ball game.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRedRam
    Coming from a team that got their butt handed to them last season, that is disrespect. UK's best shot at this one was to say UofL is a great team and that they hope to play well enough to win. By saying we are "exposed" they are breaking down any overconfidance UofL may be bringing into this game.
    U of L's defense is no where close to their defense of last year.He should have kept his mouth shut but I don't think the cards defense could have been overconfident about playing anyone at this point.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRedRam
    Coming from a team that got their butt handed to them last season, that is disrespect. UK's best shot at this one was to say UofL is a great team and that they hope to play well enough to win. By saying we are "exposed" they are breaking down any overconfidance UofL may be bringing into this game.
    Unless U of L's defense just isn't that good...maybe it's not overconfidence or anything else...maybe they just aren't as good as people think or expect.

  4. #34
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRedRam
    By saying we are "exposed" they are breaking down any overconfidance UofL may be bringing into this game.
    No effect...however, U of L doesn't have to be overconfident for UK to win...

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Why are people worried that people actually picked us to win..I know every year people usually pick UL to win, and well they end up winning. Its nice to see that UK has grown that much as a program over the last year, that now all of a sudden people are actually picking us to win...I know I LOVED seeing people having us winning the game....

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash
    Man to man should work real well.I'm sure Burton and Lyons will like it.
    I think one will...the other will not.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by pigman
    I really hope they go man to man with no one over top that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide
    I hope they keep two safeties deep all game...
    I firmly believe that we'll see a healthy dose of Cover - 2 man under....I like it.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    I hope U of L tries to matchup with Burton and Lyons with man-to-man single coverage.
    Woodney Turrene will lock one of them down/

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Log Mountain Boy
    Again, I reiterate. This was a comment from a backup fullback. All the other players have been very respectful, much like Brohm was when talking about UK on ESPN yesterday.
    There is no way his remarks are going to affect the outcome of the ball game.
    His words have been marked and rightfully so....if I were on the team, regardless of who said it, IMO it would mirror the sentiment of the team, especially since it hasn't been dis-credited by anyone in blue.

  10. #40
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    McNair 92 Yards
    Honeycutt 87 Yards
    I guess Turrene wasn't on either of them last week?

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    ^ He was not.

  12. #42
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ He was not.
    So who was he covering then?

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    ^ Actually Woodny didn't play defense against MTSU, mainly special teams....however when I saw him in against Murray... they were playing cover 4, and in reality he looked so slow, you could "feel" him thinking through the plays, which put him so far behind...in man, CB's get to go back to being instinctual...

  14. #44
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ Actually Woodny didn't play defense against MTSU, mainly special teams....however when I saw him in against Murray... they were playing cover 4, and in reality he looked so slow, you could "feel" him thinking through the plays, which put him so far behind...in man, CB's get to go back to being instinctual...

    So a guy that they didn't trust enough in coverage to play against MTSU's receivers is going to be able to lock down Burton or Lyons? I seriously doubt that.

  15. #45
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    ^ But he is goin to shut Burton or Lyons down.

Top