Louisville 58 MTSU 42

Page 7 of Well darn, I thought UK would have a chance to bring a top 10 team into Commonwealth next week...... 118 comments | 2634 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    kobe24_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    35

    All i know is Louisville has a really good offense and if anyone wants to beat them they will have to outshoot them all game b/c their defense is horrible right now.........i know one thing if the defense hasnt shaped up by the time they meet the West Virginia Mountaineers its gonna be very ugly......Brohm will have to prove his heisman status if they dont wanna get ran out of the stadium.......Good luck UofL hope ur defense finds its heart or something to help them anyway!!!!!!!
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    I absolutely think this game will know U of L out of the top 10. Even Bill Curry, whose football IQ is about 74, stated that there are way too many holes in that defense for them to be a top 10 team at this point. I would be shocked if U of L is not in the 11-15 range in the polls this coming week.
    No way....the beautiful thing is the fact that many people were watching the NFL game.....U of L has been in plenty of shootouts before, this will not effect their ranking.

  3. #93
    _Scarface_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    UNC 86 UK 77...Can you say 4 victories in a row for the Heels vs UK?...Gardner Webb?...WOW!
    Posts
    4,388

    Can't wait 'til Monday...

  4. #94

    Yeah UL 's defense was lousy but MTSU played a whale of a game as well. Some times extended success like the Cards have had, gives you the big head and you begin to believe that you are genetically better than your opponent. Plus you hear it and read over and over again just how great you are.
    Then you run into little ole MTSU, a team who won their league and went to a bowl game last year. A team who thought before the season that this was the year they were going to arrive on the big time. Only to have their hopes squashed on the road in their first game. So they come in hear with something to prove, a singleness of purpose and a true team effort.
    Yeah UL's defense was poor but MTSU was a very determined group who played a great game and stood toe to toe with the Cards and almost pulled it out.

    They gave the Cards something that even the greatest coaches can't give.

    AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!!

    PS. UK is dealing with a somewhat similiar predicament today.

    PSS. MTSU goes to LSU next week, the week after LSU beats highly ranked VaTech, if MTSU gets 41 points I'm in.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    No way....the beautiful thing is the fact that many people were watching the NFL game.....U of L has been in plenty of shootouts before, this will not effect their ranking.
    So now playing on Thursday is saving them from bad exposure?

    For the record, I think the UL game was very close to half by the time the NFL game started.

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by rltrace
    Yeah UL 's defense was lousy but MTSU played a whale of a game as well. Some times extended success like the Cards have had, gives you the big head and you begin to believe that you are genetically better than your opponent. Plus you hear it and read over and over again just how great you are.
    Then you run into little ole MTSU, a team who won their league and went to a bowl game last year. A team who thought before the season that this was the year they were going to arrive on the big time. Only to have their hopes squashed on the road in their first game. So they come in hear with something to prove, a singleness of purpose and a true team effort.
    Yeah UL's defense was poor but MTSU was a very determined group who played a great game and stood toe to toe with the Cards and almost pulled it out.

    They gave the Cards something that even the greatest coaches can't give.

    AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!!

    PS. UK is dealing with a somewhat similiar predicament today.

    PSS. MTSU goes to LSU next week, the week after LSU beats highly ranked VaTech, if MTSU gets 41 points I'm in.
    MTSU did look decent but facts are facts... they lost a home gave to FAU last week? Also, someone mentioned they had three starting O-lineman out?

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    It's not a big deal now, because they won, and it is over. It is not for us to worry about. The defense did indeed look dreadful, but they still have a week to prepare for it. I think they will be ready. The biggest variance that I think we will see next week, is tight man coverage. I really feel that will make a huge difference in how much pressure the line can get on the QB, I certainly feel the tackling will be improved, because that is indeed a lack of focus issue, that can be corrected by Wednesday. Things are great, Louisville has found so much that they can improve on, while still being 2-0. That's awesome.

  8. #98
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    It's not a big deal now, because they won, and it is over. It is not for us to worry about. The defense did indeed look dreadful, but they still have a week to prepare for it. I think they will be ready. The biggest variance that I think we will see next week, is tight man coverage. I really feel that will make a huge difference in how much pressure the line can get on the QB, I certainly feel the tackling will be improved, because that is indeed a lack of focus issue, that can be corrected by Wednesday. Things are great, Louisville has found so much that they can improve on, while still being 2-0. That's awesome.
    Good spin, but things are not great when you are 2-0 against one of the worst teams in D-1 and one of the worst teams in 1-AA, and your defense has looked so horrible your fans are booing them. MTSU had 217 total yards against Florida Atlantic in week one before burning UL for 555...with a re-shuffled O-line...so no, that's not awesome...

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    ^ You have been nothing but negative in this thread, I can see where work needs to be done and the Cards need to improve, but the ship is still sailing on. It's a survive and advance game, when you have a "real" shot at the title game. So far they have passed two tests, this week the exam steps up considerably, I expect the Cards to follow accordingly.

  10. #100
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,717

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ You have been nothing but negative in this thread.
    Did you really expect any different?

  11. #101
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ You have been nothing but negative in this thread, I can see where work needs to be done and the Cards need to improve, but the ship is still sailing on. It's a survive and advance game, when you have a "real" shot at the title game. So far they have passed two tests, this week the exam steps up considerably, I expect the Cards to follow accordingly.
    Can't find any positives in giving up 555 yards to Middle Tennessee. It was beyond embarrassing. UL fans love to rag the UK defense, so you would think they recognize horrible D when they see it...The only day all year I won't be for U of L is Saturday, but no way are they a top ten team, yet.

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    ^ They are a top ten team...I can see it when I look at the rankings, that's all that matters at this point. Even in giving up 555 yards, there were quite a few positives that can come out of it. They gave up one second half score. They pursued the ball well, etc....do they have a lot of work to do? Heck yeah, a ton, but 'tis better to be 2-0 and working on things than with a loss. They will be ready Saturday, no doubt.

  13. #103
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Quote Originally Posted by billyrayjoebob
    Can't find any positives in giving up 555 yards to Middle Tennessee. It was beyond embarrassing. UL fans love to rag the UK defense, so you would think they recognize horrible D when they see it...The only day all year I won't be for U of L is Saturday, but no way are they a top ten team, yet.
    I think that U of L has one or two defensive let down games every year, 2005 it was South Florida, 2006 it was Rutgers and Cincy, I am hoping that MTS was one of those for this year, but I can't argue the facts, we looked terrible on defense, and if we don't play better than that you are right. But I have hope that these were coaching and mental errors combined with a classic trap game, and that there is the possibility that Louisville can still pull this together and have at least a top 50 defense.

    No doubt UK will be the test to see what they can do. If Louisville beats UK then we still have a good team, if not then Louisville fans are going to have to temper our expectations to about a 7-5 season with a minor bowl.

  14. #104
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride
    ^ They are a top ten team...I can see it when I look at the rankings, that's all that matters at this point.
    Focus on the rankings if you look terrible??? OK, whatever makes you feel better...cough...red...blinders...cough... Read many posts on here, and several from you, stating that Louisville had a bunch of monster studs on defense. Their defense won't be the best unit in Commonwealth next week...

  15. #105
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by ram95
    I think that U of L has one or two defensive let down games every year, 2005 it was South Florida, 2006 it was Rutgers and Cincy, I am hoping that MTS was one of those for this year, but I can't argue the facts, we looked terrible on defense, and if we don't play better than that you are right. But I have hope that these were coaching and mental errors combined with a classic trap game, and that there is the possibility that Louisville can still pull this together and have at least a top 50 defense.

    No doubt UK will be the test to see what they can do. If Louisville beats UK then we still have a good team, if not then Louisville fans are going to have to temper our expectations to about a 7-5 season with a minor bowl.
    Louisville can lose to UK and still go 9-3 or so IMO...we'll see if Thursday was just a letdown or they are just not very good...but again, a classic trap game is not a game where you are playing one of the worst teams in the country...

Top