Kentucky 40 UofL 34

Page 21 of Originally Posted by gametime No doubt. Enjoy it Cats fans... No question about that. Geez I still have 6 pages to read. Advertisement Sep 16, 07, ... 590 comments | 18289 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #301
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by prepnut
    --a bowl game for UK-Not til they get 6 wins. Tuff schedule looms
    - the Cats in the top 25-Probally, but not in top 20
    - U of L out of the national title hunt-Probally
    - Brohm out of the Heisman race- No, played great
    - Woodson in the Hesiman race- didn't hurt his chances
    - An actual rivalry in the Bluegrass state-Already was
    - Security for Rich Brooks, finally- Had it
    - Perhaps the biggest win in Brooks' tenure- no doubt
    U of L was Game 1 of the tough schedule and they seemed to handle that pretty decently. U of L has zero chance at a national title now. I didn't say anything about the Cats in the top 20, that would take a 5-0 start. Brohm may not technically be eliminated from the Heisman race, but IMO he doesn't have a chance now. It hasn't been much of rivalry with U of L winning 4 consecutive games. Brooks may have had security with UK, but now he also has security with the fans.
    Advertisement

  2. #302
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,778

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I disagree here. The only time he should have went for two is after the last TD. You don't go chasing points, and if they had gone for two earlier, and miss, the Cats don't stay within field goal range after another UoL score.
    Amen! I hate when teams start going for two early in the game, I have seen it cost teams dearly several times.

  3. #303
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    Unanimous #MVP
    Posts
    55,728

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime
    Come on now, UL didn't play all that bad.
    Terrible might not have been the correct word....They dropped passes, fumbled on the opening freakin' kickoff, Brohm threw a ball that never should even been in bounds on that pick and the defense, well, we won't go there. Louisville shot themselves in the foot all night long, either with their defense giving up 3rd and Long's, or by penalties. That still doesn't dampen the fact that UK played very well.

  4. #304
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    I'm sure everybody will enjoy this.


    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1184769472

  5. #305
    UKPat02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,417

    CATS AT LAST is the headline in Lexington this morning.

  6. #306
    UKPat02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,417

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I'm sure everybody will enjoy this.


    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1184769472
    Makes me water up a little...

  7. #307

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce
    Just got home...I am beat....Awesome game to be at. The atmosphere was UNREAL. Kentucky played a great game, Louisville played a terrible game, simple as that. The defense is ridiculous. I really don't even have words for it. The Cats finally got their big win against the Cards. Congrats UK fans. I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way.
    Think here for just a moment. They were ahead with only 28 seconds left in the game.

  8. #308
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce
    Terrible might not have been the correct word....They dropped passes, fumbled on the opening freakin' kickoff, Brohm threw a ball that never should even been in bounds on that pick and the defense, well, we won't go there. Louisville shot themselves in the foot all night long, either with their defense giving up 3rd and Long's, or by penalties. That still doesn't dampen the fact that UK played very well.
    Well said Deuce. UK did well.

    I usually don't get into this whole UL/UK yapping match but I will say it just pains me to even think about what happened last night. I don't know which is worse to think about how crappy UL was or having to listen to UK fans for a year...

  9. #309
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce
    Terrible might not have been the correct word....They dropped passes, fumbled on the opening freakin' kickoff, Brohm threw a ball that never should even been in bounds on that pick and the defense, well, we won't go there. Louisville shot themselves in the foot all night long, either with their defense giving up 3rd and Long's, or by penalties. That still doesn't dampen the fact that UK played very well.
    Don't you think that U.K. might have made them look bad?

  10. #310
    UKPat02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,417

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I'm sure everybody will enjoy this.


    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1184769472

    A funnier one is the "UK beats UofL in football" video. If you watch to the very end, you see fans digging up clumps of field from Commonwealth after the game.

  11. #311
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by firebird
    Think here for just a moment. They were ahead with only 28 seconds left in the game.

    He is talking about overall....and he is correct!

  12. #312
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler
    Don't you think that U.K. might have made them look bad?
    No...they did that on their own just fine...thanks for trying though!

  13. #313
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Mid level SEC team beats a top tier Big East team. ...................Priceless!!!

  14. #314
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW
    I thought you had said earlier in the week that you were going to your 1st UK game ever.

    Was supposed to. The person whos tickets I was supposed to get decided to go so I would have had to go down by myself. Now I'm wishing I did.

  15. #315

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    U of L was Game 1 of the tough schedule and they seemed to handle that pretty decently. U of L has zero chance at a national title now. I didn't say anything about the Cats in the top 20, that would take a 5-0 start. Brohm may not technically be eliminated from the Heisman race, but IMO he doesn't have a chance now. It hasn't been much of rivalry with U of L winning 4 consecutive games. Brooks may have had security with UK, but now he also has security with the fans.
    Personally I think the matchup of White/West Virginia will have more of a bearing on his status than last night's game. Last night's game was big for us instate people, but the national audience is more concerned with Louisville vs. West Virginia. West Virginia is the #3 ranked team in the country and some polls had them preseason #1.

Top