ESPN Week 3 Bowl Projections

Page 2 of I am not trying to defend Michigan at all, but I could see them running the table. The type of team that seems to be able to beat them is a team that s... 45 comments | 1342 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    Michigan will most likely rattle off 7-8 wins to close the season. Look for Michigan to upset Penn State this weekend at the Big House and then finish the season with 9 consecutive wins.
    Holy High Expectations Batman.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Holy High Expectations Batman.
    The talent is there. If they all get on the same page and get a little confidence, look out.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    The talent is there.
    Considering they were pre-season Top 5, I'd say so. However, if they rattle off these wins as you predict, I'd absolutely fire Lloyd Carr on principle for having so much talent and letting Appy St. roll in there and beat you (not to mention letting Oregon wallop you at home). Frankly, I think that first loss looks worse if Michigan runs off 9 straight wins (although I don't think that will happen).

    By the way, does Michigan get all of their games in Ann Arbor this year? Jeez....

  4. #19
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Considering they were pre-season Top 5, I'd say so. However, if they rattle off these wins as you predict, I'd absolutely fire Lloyd Carr on principle for having so much talent and letting Appy St. roll in there and beat you (not to mention letting Oregon wallop you at home). Frankly, I think that first loss looks worse if Michigan runs off 9 straight wins (although I don't think that will happen).

    By the way, does Michigan get all of their games in Ann Arbor this year? Jeez....
    Well, first of all, Appalachian State would beat alot of teams in the top 25, especially in game 1. That doesn't justify losing to them, but they are no pushover. Michigan thought it would be an easy win and they didn't prepare emotionally for the game. Once they realized it was an actual game, it was too late. The Oregon game was because Michigan was in a funk after losing in the biggest upset in the history of college football. The Notre Dame game was a "right the ship" type of game. They have alot more confidence now and will be more emotionally ready for the rest of the season. If they manage to get out of the Big House with a win Saturday, look at their remaining schedule. Purdue is decent and then they finish with Wisconsin and O$U. They can't win with talent alone, but if they get their heads screwed on correctly and get a little confidence flowing, they will return to top 5 form.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    Well, first of all, Appalachian State would beat alot of teams in the top 25, especially in game 1.
    There is just no logic or facts to support that.

  6. #21
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie
    There is just no logic or facts to support that.
    Back-to-back 1AA national championships? Beat Michigan at the Big House?

  7. #22
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie
    There is just no logic or facts to support that.


  8. #23
    Farva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    Commonwealth Stadium!!
    Posts
    1,820

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    Back-to-back 1AA national championships? Beat Michigan at the Big House?
    Maybe Michigan was not/is not a legitimate Top 25 team

  9. #24
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Farva
    Maybe Michigan was not/is not a legitimate Top 25 team
    I guess we'll see when they play a legitimate top 10 team this Saturday.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    Well, first of all, Appalachian State would beat alot of teams in the top 25, especially in game 1. That doesn't justify losing to them, but they are no pushover. Michigan thought it would be an easy win and they didn't prepare emotionally for the game. Once they realized it was an actual game, it was too late. The Oregon game was because Michigan was in a funk after losing in the biggest upset in the history of college football. The Notre Dame game was a "right the ship" type of game. They have alot more confidence now and will be more emotionally ready for the rest of the season. If they manage to get out of the Big House with a win Saturday, look at their remaining schedule. Purdue is decent and then they finish with Wisconsin and O$U. They can't win with talent alone, but if they get their heads screwed on correctly and get a little confidence flowing, they will return to top 5 form.
    Lloyd Carr should hire you for professional spin-control. Wow, that is all I can say. You haven't only drank the Kool-Aid, you made it and are passing it out. Would beat a lot of Top 25 teams? Oh my.....

  11. #26
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Lloyd Carr should hire you for professional spin-control. Wow, that is all I can say. You haven't only drank the Kool-Aid, you made it and are passing it out. Would beat a lot of Top 25 teams? Oh my.....
    Why does Appalachian State get no respect? Have you noticed what they have done to their opponents since Michigan? The team can flat out play and they have a lot of Div. 1A talent on that roster. We'll see what Michigan does the rest of the season and go from there.

    I haven't drank any Kool-Aid, but I do know alot about college football.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman

    I haven't drank any Kool-Aid, but I do know alot about college football.
    Super, than you certainly know that Appy St. over Michigan was the FIRST win EVER for a D-1AA team over a Top 25 D-1 team...right? The first....EVER.

    Note, if you have to tell everyone you know "alot" about college football than you are assuming by your post we wouldn't have figured that out all by ourselves.

  13. #28
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    Super, than you certainly know that Appy St. over Michigan was the FIRST win EVER for a D-1AA team over a Top 25 D-1 team...right? The first....EVER.

    Note, if you have to tell everyone you know "alot" about college football than you are assuming by your post we wouldn't have figured that out all by ourselves.
    That is why I previously called it the "biggest upset in college football history..."

    As I said, we'll revisit this conversation after the last game of the season and see who eats crow.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    Have you noticed what they have done to their opponents since Michigan?
    Just so everyone is clear, since beating Top 5 Michigan the boys of Appy St. have decimated world beater Lenoir-Rhyne and then had an impressive 13 point home victory over juggernaut Northern Arizona.

    Seriously, please don't try and justify the loss by taking the Appy St. is just that good model. Michigan was flat-out unprepared and got it handed to them, and then, with their backs against the wall they failed to even show up for their next home game. You want to defend that than have at it.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman
    That is why I previously called it the "biggest upset in college football history..."

    As I said, we'll revisit this conversation after the last game of the season and see who eats crow.
    Eats crow? Okay, if Michigan runs the table from here on out I'll eat freaking live crow if that makes you happy. Just be easy to find when they pick up a loss...

Top