Buckeyes Whackos Run Herbstreit Out of Town

Page 2 of When I saw this story, I immediately thought of Carson Palmer. I honestly think the main reason he wants out of Cincinnati is the same type of thing. T... 41 comments | 1630 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,236

    When I saw this story, I immediately thought of Carson Palmer. I honestly think the main reason he wants out of Cincinnati is the same type of thing. This season his house was targeted by fans. I think he and his wife made the decision that the family was not going to put up with that. He also was booed when he reached a career passing milestone. People can talk about Mike Brown and Bengals ineptitude, but I think the fans have as much if not more to do with Palmer wanting out, just like Herbstreit is getting out.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    I love Nashville.. I know a few people that live in Brentwood and there is some serious money down that way...
    I do some business in Brentwood. Very nice area.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    When I saw this story, I immediately thought of Carson Palmer. I honestly think the main reason he wants out of Cincinnati is the same type of thing. This season his house was targeted by fans. .
    CP's neighbor says he has never seen anyone target the house as has been reported.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    and there is an insightful post. Predictable though.
    You must be proud.

  5. #20
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Koun Dog View Post
    You must be proud.
    I am a very proud person, but not of that post. I apologize.

  6. #21
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,787

    Herbstreit is to Ohio State as Jim Harbaugh is to the University of Michigan. Both have unrealistic expectations of what their universities can, and should, aspire to. And both feel like they should be able to take shots at their Alma Maters without consequence.

    The big difference is that Harbaugh lives in Northern California, whereas Herbstreit lives in Columbus. And he's apparently about to remedy that.

  7. #22
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,236

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    CP's neighbor says he has never seen anyone target the house as has been reported.
    He could have missed it. I don't know. I'm just going by the various reports that Palmer's house was targeted this year.

  8. #23
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Herbstreit is to Ohio State as Jim Harbaugh is to the University of Michigan. Both have unrealistic expectations of what their universities can, and should, aspire to. And both feel like they should be able to take shots at their Alma Maters without consequence.

    The big difference is that Harbaugh lives in Northern California, whereas Herbstreit lives in Columbus. And he's apparently about to remedy that.
    Methinks the OSU fans are a lot like UK fans, who can't distinguish between honest criticism and "taking shots."

  9. #24
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,787

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Methinks the OSU fans are a lot like UK fans, who can't distinguish between honest criticism and "taking shots."
    You are probably correct. I like Herbie personally but he walks aroung Cbus like the big man on campus still. He has been feuding with TP since his freshman year, the final nail was incorrectly naming a players involved in Tattoo-gate.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    I am a very proud person, but not of that post. I apologize.
    Seriously, I was just kidding. I don't take things on here personally. Look every fan base has their lunatic fringe, I mean every one of them.

  11. #26
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,894

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    He is in the SEC area where he belongs.
    If you can't consistently beat them, join them, right?


  12. #27
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    You are probably correct. I like Herbie personally but he walks aroung Cbus like the big man on campus still. He has been feuding with TP since his freshman year, the final nail was incorrectly naming a players involved in Tattoo-gate.
    To be fair, he's kind of grown beyond the OSU campus in terms of his profile. He's a national star; not just some former Buckeye QB.

  13. #28
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    43,032

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    If you can't consistently beat them, join them, right?

    Buckeyes beat a prison prep school in their last bowl game.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    9,141

    1-10 against the prisons teams, 0-3 against the Head prisoners. And how many games does the "vest" sit out?

    OSU has seven kids with records...Bama/LSU Five/ So you are leading the SEC with something. Please comment and don't ignore.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    What was Herbstreit saying that was so offensive to OSU fans?

Top