Weekend Watch List: Big Ten vs. SEC? Midwest fails the test
• Cincinnati (vs. Marshall) leads the country with 11 interceptions and is off to a 3-0 start for the second time since 1986.
• Kentucky (at Arkansas) is ranked for the first time in 22 years.
• A former high school quarterback is leading the nation in receiving. Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree had 38 catches in three games. He came out of famous Dallas Carter High to overshadow some of the Big 12's more famous receivers.
• Streaks: Notre Dame has the nation's seventh-longest losing streak (five). Those five games have been lost by an average of 27.2 points.
• LSU and Florida meet on Oct. 6 in one of the games of the year. The teams are tied for the nation's second-longest winning streak (10 each).
• Florida International goes to Kansas this week with the nation's second-worst offense (No. 118) and longest losing streak (15 games). Only Notre Dame is worse offensively.
• Ohio State puts its nation-leading 14-game conference winning streak on the line in the Big Ten opener against Northwestern.
• USC goes back into hiding from the national spotlight at home against Washington State. The Trojans will re-emerge in front of our eyes Oct. 20 at Notre Dame. Will it be Zero (losses) vs. Zero (wins)?
• Tyrone Willingham on Notre Dame's struggles: "Why would one get a kick out of somebody else's misery."