1. Perimeter blocking by our recievers and skilled players was excellent last night, and really has been good the last couple of years.
2. Although sloppy on some things and execution last night, I can't recall a single procedure or motion penalty last night and overall not many "1st game" flags that you would normally see.
3. Woodson is probably kicking himself on a few of those throws, it was the first time that I have witnessed him miss a target like he did...but it was first game
4. Lones Sieber will be watching PAT's this week
5. Kickoff coverage team is excellent. They really get down the field, cover well, stay in lanes, blow up blocking walls and make the play...let's hope that continues.
6. I do think Masthay will get a couple of kicks blocked. He is becoming a solid punter in terms of distance and position, but he still takes a while to get it off it seems.
7. Secondary coverage was nice...Lindley might have been quiet but he was step for step with the receiver each time.
8. Who do you stop? Woodson, Little, Lyons Jr. Burton, Dixon, Tamme, Smith, Johnson, Ford.
9. Eric Scott did a nice job at Center.
10. Crowd needs to fill on up this week.
11. Did I win washer fluid or antifreeze last night from Advanced Auton Parts?
12. Did a UK cheerleader get plunked in the wig by a punt before the game?
13. Kentucky players look like LSU, Florida, and Auburn players. This team is VERY talented.
14. UK Band....I will give them a small positive...they sounded a tad louder and better. Their pregame routine is the WORST in that nation and the most boring and non-engaging of the crowd...but will give them a small pat on back for blowing the horns a little harder last evening.
15. Kent State can play...crowd should treat this as a game that with an impressive win, will come with impressed voters for top 25. Can't set the Louisville table, until the Cats take care of Kent...
16. Overall, happy. Need to improve kicking game (PAT'S and FG) that is make or break at least 2 games this season. Need to find someone with the courage to step up and knock it through. NO excuses.