Who stays, who goes?

Page 10 of Jones and Knight are gone. Ready or not, they will not be back because they will be drafted in the first round on potential, and they'll think they're ... 150 comments | 5474 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136

    Join Date
    Feb 09
    Posts
    508

    They all come back.
    Advertisement

  2. #137

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    I think Jones, Knight and Liggins enter the draft, not sure if any of them get agents though. I could certainly see Knight getting one.

  3. #138

    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Posts
    214

    I hope that i'm wrong but I feel Knight, Jones, asnd Liggins are gone!
    Go Big Blue!

  4. #139

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    I have a good source who says if Liggins leaves he's very open to idea of playing overseas next year.

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    I have a good source who says if Liggins leaves he's very open to idea of playing overseas next year.
    He'd be an idiot not to be.

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Jay Bilas tweet:

    NCAA not wrong to lose "testing the waters." If you're ready to be a pro, then declare and go. Not sure? Then stay in school and prepare.

  7. #142

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    He'd be an idiot not to be.
    Right. Just confirming that he would be leaving to support his family and not because he thinks he'd be a high NBA pick.

  8. #143

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Right. Just confirming that he would be leaving to support his family and not because he thinks he'd be a high NBA pick.
    Does he have a kid already? One on the way?

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Does he have a kid already? One on the way?
    He has a very young one I believe.

  10. #145

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    He has a very young one I believe.
    That's what I figured. I dunno, I could see it either way, he could potentially improve his draft status a great deal with another season at UK, but it'll definitely put him in a better position for affter his basketball careers is over also. If he doesn't feel like he HAS TO GO, then I think for him there's just alot more upside to staying.

  11. #146
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    In an article in this morning's Enquirer, Calipari said he thinks Knight and Jones should test the waters but make sure it is the right thing to stay in. Calipari also said if you are in the top 10 picks you should go. Here is the story:

    http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB...ws|text|Sports

    On other topics not related to this thread, Calipari reiterated what he has said often, that he has the best coaching job in college and that is why he never is rumored for other college coaching jobs. He did not refute someday possibly going to the NBA though. He also said it is just a matter of time before they win a title as long as they continue to be a top ranked team.

  12. #147

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    In an article in this morning's Enquirer, Calipari said he thinks Knight and Jones should test the waters but make sure it is the right thing to stay in. Calipari also said if you are in the top 10 picks you should go. Here is the story:

    http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB...ws|text|Sports

    On other topics not related to this thread, Calipari reiterated what he has said often, that he has the best coaching job in college and that is why he never is rumored for other college coaching jobs. He did not refute someday possibly going to the NBA though. He also said it is just a matter of time before they win a title as long as they continue to be a top ranked team.

    Ya saw this last night, landed on ESPN.com somewhere between 7pm and 11 om last night, don't remember when, just too lazy to post it. I figured it would surface on here eventually.

  13. #148
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Ya saw this last night, landed on ESPN.com somewhere between 7pm and 11 om last night, don't remember when, just too lazy to post it. I figured it would surface on here eventually.
    Hmmm ... that's interesting. ESPN picked up the story about a UK Alumni event in Cincinnati by a N. Ky. writer.

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Hmmm ... that's interesting. ESPN picked up the story about a UK Alumni event in Cincinnati by a N. Ky. writer.
    Or the other way around, check ESPN man, they time stamp their article's and they were pretty much the exact same. If you'd like I'll provide a link....

  15. #150
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Jordan Hamilton, Tristan Thompson and Cory Joseph have all declared. Hamilton is signing with an agent and Thompson is likely soon to follow suit. Thompson said at the banquet that if he declared he was signing with an agent. Joseph is testing the waters.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6408508

Top