Utah 69 Kentucky 66

Page 3 of Final.... 64 comments | 3049 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Tones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    464

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    We’re young, give it time.
    This.
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,784

    I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,420

    Are these the normal early season UK problems or is this team different -- for the worse?

  4. #34
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,033

    Kentucky won't be worse than a 5 seed when all is said and done.

  5. #35
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,416

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.
    We’re young and we lost to a younger team.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    21,753

    Not being able to have any consisentcy in making outside shots is the hardest thing to cover up for in basketball at any level.

  7. #37
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,453

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I realize Kentucky is young, as some have pointed out. But if I heard Big Bill correctly last night he said Utah dressed 11 freshmen. Maybe I misheard what he said.
    I am not sure how many freshmen they have, but they did say that Utah is one of the youngest teams in the NCAA.

  8. #38
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,033

    Listed on Utah’s roster:

    11 frosh
    4 sophs
    1 junior
    1 senior

  9. #39
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,702

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Listed on Utah’s roster:

    11 frosh
    4 sophs
    1 junior
    1 senior
    That might be the oddest roster I have ever seen. But I assume some of those guys are older - which counts for something - from doing their Mormon missions.

  10. #40
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,416

    Some people are saying this is a turning point in the Cal era. You can tell how nervous Cal is, because he keeps tweeting.

    Pundits are saying he needs to change course. What exactly does that deviation entail? I’ve long said and been harshly criticized about the fact that he’s superstar dependent. For whatever reason the dominos are starting to fall a little bit.

    The superstars have dried up, so what is plan B that people are calling for?

  11. #41
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,453

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Some people are saying this is a turning point in the Cal era. You can tell how nervous Cal is, because he keeps tweeting.

    Pundits are saying he needs to change course. What exactly does that deviation entail? I’ve long said and been harshly criticized about the fact that he’s superstar dependent. For whatever reason the dominos are starting to fall a little bit.

    The superstars have dried up, so what is plan B that people are calling for?
    I have a hard time thinking that Calipari is nervous. Nervous of what? And he always tweets that way, does just about every year except probably 2014-2015.

    Doesn't he have a monster class coming in next season? Not that I'm saying to bag this season, but I don't think the well is dry.

    I'll pass on the dependent on superstar part of this, you and @futurecoach have had that conversation enough and no matter how many times he has to point out that it isn't accurate, you won't let it go.

  12. #42
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,416

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I have a hard time thinking that Calipari is nervous. Nervous of what? And he always tweets that way, does just about every year except probably 2014-2015.

    Doesn't he have a monster class coming in next season? Not that I'm saying to bag this season, but I don't think the well is dry.

    I'll pass on the dependent on superstar part of this, you and @futurecoach have had that conversation enough and no matter how many times he has to point out that it isn't accurate, you won't let it go.
    My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also haven’t been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, there’s been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

    You’re avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying we’re at a turning point, that’s not good. They’re basically on Cal’s payroll.

  13. #43
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,453

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also havenít been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, thereís been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

    Youíre avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying weíre at a turning point, thatís not good. Theyíre basically on Calís payroll.
    I'm not worried about Coach Cal, just like I wouldn't be worried about Coach K, who also hasn't made it to a Final Four since 2015, if I was a Duke fan. I'm not sure how many times we have to have the same conversation. You and @futurecoach completely disagree, no sense having the debate again.

    Years from now there are going to be a lot of UK fans that will probably be longing for the days of when Calipari was out coach, but until then, we'll have to do this in every thread after a loss.

  14. #44
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,416

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I'm not worried about Coach Cal, just like I wouldn't be worried about Coach K, who also hasn't made it to a Final Four since 2015, if I was a Duke fan. I'm not sure how many times we have to have the same conversation. You and @futurecoach completely disagree, no sense having the debate again.

    Years from now there are going to be a lot of UK fans that will probably be longing for the days of when Calipari was out coach, but until then, we'll have to do this in every thread after a loss.
    Agreed and agreed, I don’t think we’re going backwards like we did with Tubby. I didn’t mean to stir anything up today. I was just conversing with my flock about the Matt Jones and Justin Rowland comments.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,383

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    My superstar dependency comment is valid until he wins another without the best player in school history. Futurecoach will try to throw in a random season somewhere, but we also havenít been to the final 4 since our last megastar in KAT. Facts are facts, thereís been a decline, as spoiled as we are since 2015.

    Youíre avoiding the question though, when guys like Matt Jones and Justin Rowland are saying weíre at a turning point, thatís not good. Theyíre basically on Calís payroll.
    A random season here or there? 2011 no true superstars that you say he must have, and beat two top teams to get to the final four. 2014 same thing beat teams with those superstars and more talent, and made the finals. So no he is not superstar dependent to win and do well.

    Your whole superstar dependent then may hold more weight say if they won it all in 2010, but no the 2011 team made it further than the team with superstars. 2015 had the top overall player and they couldnít make it as far as the 2014 that didnít have the type of player you say he must have to win.

    So yes you have an opinion, but your opinion really gets shot down since it canít be supported. If he was superstar dependent as you said then no way the 2011 team goes further than 2010 and no way the 2014 team goes further than the 2015 team.

    Shoot two more teams without the type of superstar you are talking about 2017 and 2019 went as far as the superstar 2010 team and actually put up better games than that 2010 team and both were literary one shot away from winning while 2010 basically got dominated that game.

Top