UofL vs. UK 2012 National Championship Game!!!

Page 4 of Go ahead and write this one in your little book! Everyone in the state should go ahead and book their tickets to Nawlins because it will be UofL and UK... 108 comments | 4327 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    Read my 1st post! I said uk wins the first meeting. Honestly, going into the NCAA they should be the #1 team in a America and UofL #2. However, when they play for the title, UofL wins the 2nd meeting! I've already said all this!!!
    Your argument doesn't make much sense. You've said that UL's experience is what would give them an advantage, and that may be the case the first time they meet. Conventional wisdom would suggest that the second meeting would likely favor UK, as their Frosh would essentially be seasoned players that are about to be sophomores what I'm saying is you've got your predictions backwards for the support that you're giving for such a claim.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,244

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    You are losing the point! The point is it will be UofL vs. uk for the national title next year! Mark my words!!!
    Somewhere, Lloyd Christmas is saying, "So you're telling me there's a chance..."

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    I'll send you one if they make it further in the tourney than UK.
    Sounds good.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Your argument doesn't make much sense. You've said that UL's experience is what would give them an advantage, and that may be the case the first time they meet. Conventional wisdom would suggest that the second meeting would likely favor UK, as their Frosh would essentially be seasoned players that are about to be sophomores what I'm saying is you've got your predictions backwards for the support that you're giving for such a claim.
    You are neglecting to remember that UofL has the coach that has multiple final fours under his belt (never had one stripped) and as well as a championship. Cheatapari seems like he chokes in the NCAA tournament. Whether or not you think that UofL will be better or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that we will have the best player on the floor and the best coach on the floor. And that my friend is the reason why both teams will make the championship, and UofL will win it. I'll take all of the gift cards, and everything else you want to send this way when I say I told ya so!!!

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    You are neglecting to remember that UofL has the coach that has multiple final fours under his belt (never had one stripped) and as well as a championship. Cheatapari seems like he chokes in the NCAA tournament. Whether or not you think that UofL will be better or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that we will have the best player on the floor and the best coach on the floor. And that my friend is the reason why both teams will make the championship, and UofL will win it. I'll take all of the gift cards, and everything else you want to send this way when I say I told ya so!!!
    Yep. Calipari choked big time in this past tournament and Pitino got the most out of his team

  6. #51
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    You are neglecting to remember that UofL has the coach that has multiple final fours under his belt (never had one stripped) and as well as a championship. Cheatapari seems like he chokes in the NCAA tournament. Whether or not you think that UofL will be better or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that we will have the best player on the floor and the best coach on the floor. And that my friend is the reason why both teams will make the championship, and UofL will win it. I'll take all of the gift cards, and everything else you want to send this way when I say I told ya so!!!
    Who is the best player going to be? Wait for it..... This should be good.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    You are neglecting to remember that UofL has the coach that has multiple final fours under his belt (never had one stripped) and as well as a championship. Cheatapari seems like he chokes in the NCAA tournament. Whether or not you think that UofL will be better or not is besides the point. The fact of the matter is that we will have the best player on the floor and the best coach on the floor. And that my friend is the reason why both teams will make the championship, and UofL will win it. I'll take all of the gift cards, and everything else you want to send this way when I say I told ya so!!!
    Ha we'll catch you later. Oh and remind me of where "your coach" earned those last championships/championship appearance. I think what you've neglected to put in the above is the fact that I just destroyed your argument. Thank you, please come again.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Holdback is my new favorite poster. I have to admit he got me to bite.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Drew Franklin tweet: "Jim Calhoun's wife was on the Jersey Shore when it was the New Netherland Shore"

  10. #55
    00Rocket28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Posts
    23,711

    Sick sick, 2 fitty?

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    31

    Siva will no doubt be one of the top 3 PGs in the nation next year!!! If he were 6'3" or taller, Calipari would be all over him. However, the good thing the Cardinals will have going for them in the championship game next year is that our players get better playing for CRP and Cheatapari's don't.

    Wall, Cousins, Lamb, Knight, none of them got any better. Look at Knight's first game vs. UConn and his 2nd. Not much of a difference. The ONLY player that got any better was Harrelson, and that wasn't due to Cal. That was because he had to go up against Cousins and Kanter the past 2 years in practice.

    Cheatapari CANNOT coach. If you think he can, then you saw him draw up a REALLY good play there at the end of the game the other night (Liggins shooting the 3, REALLY?) Be serious. Book your tix now to Nawlins. Just wait and see my friends!!!

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HollaBack View Post
    Siva will no doubt be one of the top 3 PGs in the nation next year!!! If he were 6'3" or taller, Calipari would be all over him. However, the good thing the Cardinals will have going for them in the championship game next year is that our players get better playing for CRP and Cheatapari's don't.

    Wall, Cousins, Lamb, Knight, none of them got any better. Look at Knight's first game vs. UConn and his 2nd. Not much of a difference. The ONLY player that got any better was Harrelson, and that wasn't due to Cal. That was because he had to go up against Cousins and Kanter the past 2 years in practice.

    Cheatapari CANNOT coach. If you think he can, then you saw him draw up a REALLY good play there at the end of the game the other night (Liggins shooting the 3, REALLY?) Be serious. Book your tix now to Nawlins. Just wait and see my friends!!!
    I guess you're right and everyone else is just clueless. Gosh there must be alot of clueless people out there.

    Awards Won:

    2010 Adolph Rupp National Coach of the Year
    2010 Naismith National Coach of the Year Finalist
    2010 SEC Coach of the Year (AP)
    2010 Sporting News SEC Coach of the Year
    2010 Yahoo! Sports SEC Coach of the Year
    2010 USBWA District IV Coach of the Year
    2009 NABC Co-Coach of the Year
    2009 Jim Phelan National Coach of the Year
    2009 Sports Illustrated National Coach of the Year
    2009 Iba National Coach of the Year Finalist
    2009 C-USA Coach of the Year
    2008 Naismith National Coach of the Year
    2008 C-USA Coach of the Year
    2008 Phelan National Coach of the Year Finalist
    2008 Iba National Coach of the Year Finalist
    2007 Phelan National Coach of the Year Finalist
    2007 USBWA District 4 Coach of the Year
    2007 Basketball Times South Region COY
    2006 C-USA Coach of the Year
    2004 NABC District 7 Coach of the Year
    1996 Naismith National Coach of the Year
    1996 The Sporting News National Coach of the Year
    1996 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year
    1995 Naismith National Coach of the Year Finalist
    1994 Naismith National Coach of the Year Finalist
    1994 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year
    1993 USBWA District I Coach of the Year
    1993 Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year
    1992 Eastern Basketball Coach of the Year

  13. #58
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    This is the dumbest conversation I have ever taken part in.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    This is the dumbest conversation I have ever taken part in.
    You did see who the best player is going to be right, Silva.....

  15. #60
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    You did see who the best player is going to be right, Silva.....
    Yeah I am done with this.

Top