UK Shirt Made Me Laugh

Page 2 of Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats Because what you said in the first half is a direct contradiction. Maybe that is a certain quality of the Duke fanhoo... 122 comments | 4813 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiSlamaJama View Post
    You people need to stop taking life so seriously. Have a little fun.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 09
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Posts
    214

    I love that shirt! lol
    Go Big Blue!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
    Laettner will be at the final four all weekend...
    I saw that looking for a job .

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE View Post
    Cool, but why wear a shirt that says so? Why not wear a 2011 UK Final Four shirt in support of this years team instead?
    I'll bet Aminu Timberlake would wear that shirt .

  5. #20
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    GRC, they were sporting that shirt at the SEC tourney in Atlanta this year. I understand it but I don't understand it. I won't be sporting an 'I still hate Jared Jeffries' or an 'I still hate Derrick Williams' shirt ever in my life but to each his own I guess. In a weird way I guess it is pretty awesome for the Big Blue Nation to sport a shirt honoring one of the top 15 players ever in college basketball and likely the greatest Duke player ever. In that aspect....I can dig it.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    GRC, they were sporting that shirt at the SEC tourney in Atlanta this year. I understand it but I don't understand it. I won't be sporting an 'I still hate Jared Jeffries' or an 'I still hate Derrick Williams' shirt ever in my life but to each his own I guess. In a weird way I guess it is pretty awesome for the Big Blue Nation to sport a shirt honoring one of the top 15 players ever in college basketball and likely the greatest Duke player ever. In that aspect....I can dig it.
    Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there.
    So will they hate Kemba for beating this underdog UK team and ending their magical run say 10 years from now?

  8. #23
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,894

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE View Post
    So will they hate Kemba for beating this underdog UK team and ending their magical run say 10 years from now?
    No. While the need to get over the game probably should have passed, the glamorization with the game outside of just the two teams involved does exist whether people want to admit that or not.

  9. #24
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there.
    Oh, I know. Like I said...I understand...but I don't understand. We are going on 20 years now. I know 12 year olds that hate Laettner. This shirt made more sense 10 years ago and especially in 1998. In 2011? Not so much. My attitude is.....move along people....there is nothing to see here. And then 50% of BBN acts as though they have moved on but I bet this shirt is one of the biggest sellers amongst UK t shirts this year.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 03
    Posts
    9,991

    I think this is when Coach K would say.....


    They don't want to beat Duke. They want to BE DUKE!

  11. #26
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachBuckett View Post
    I think this is when Coach K would say.....


    They don't want to beat Duke. They want to BE DUKE!

    So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage?

  12. #27
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    I am as True a fan as they got , I Love Uk basketball now and I loved it then and I still HATE Laetner also .
    Same here.

  13. #28
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage?
    Exactly!

    U.K. Basketball......Envy our Past, Fear our Future!!

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage?
    Take away those three championships when you only had to win 3 games tops to be the CHAMPION, and they are right on par. Over the past 20 years, heck yeah UK would like to be Duke.

  15. #30
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird fotr UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there.
    Good post, I joked about the shirt but you described it well. Actually, for me it was more the fact that Laettner should had been ejected from that game long before that play.

Top