UConn 56 UK 55

Page 9 of Final...... 185 comments | 6959 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider View Post
    Over the last five seasons, the Big East has had five Final Four entries ... no other conference has more than three.

    And when the team that finished ninth in the conference makes it to the national championship game ... that's a pretty good indicator of the league's strength.
    This 9th place stuff is nonsense. They won the Big East tournament. And if we're picking random teams and judging their worth by tourney performance, ACC#3 > Big East #1.

    People don't like the Big East in basketball for the same reason they don't like the Big10 in football. All hype and no (OK, very little) substance. Shut up and play the games and nobody will think twice about it, but all you hear is "OMG! The Big East got 1000 teams in! No other conference has had more than 6!" With no mention of the fact that the Big East has way more teams.
    Advertisement

  2. #122
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    43,032

    I confess I did not watch any of this game but I am glad U. CONN won not because I like them because I don’t. The attitude of Kentucky fans(ON HERE not all but most) have soured me from rooting for them. The way yall cried about the refs against Ohio State, a game you won was nothing short of sad.



    The Cats had a very good season and I expect them to have another one in 2012.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    I confess I did not watch any of this game but I am glad U. CONN won not because I like them because I don’t. The attitude of Kentucky fans(ON HERE not all but most) have soured me from rooting for them. The way yall cried about the refs against Ohio State, a game you won was nothing short of sad.



    The Cats had a very good season and I expect them to have another one in 2012.
    You were rooting against UK anyway so don't act like UK fans on here are why you're not for UK. If so, you must hate your life living in KY (if you do) because this is about as tame as it gets for online UK fans.

  4. #124
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post

    People don't like the Big East in basketball for the same reason they don't like the Big10 in football. All hype and no (OK, very little) substance.
    Must really sting to see them send UK home each season even more than I thought...

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    This 9th place stuff is nonsense. They won the Big East tournament. And if we're picking random teams and judging their worth by tourney performance, ACC#3 > Big East #1.
    It's not nonsense at all ... Connecticut was the #9 seed in the Big East tournament because eight teams in the league had a better record than the Huskies.

    Now, was Connecticut really the #9 team in the Big East? Probably not, but they were through January and February.

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    People don't like the Big East in basketball for the same reason they don't like the Big10 in football. All hype and no (OK, very little) substance. Shut up and play the games and nobody will think twice about it, but all you hear is "OMG! The Big East got 1000 teams in! No other conference has had more than 6!" With no mention of the fact that the Big East has way more teams.
    Very little substance? The why has the Big East had more teams in the Final Four over the last five seasons than any other league?

    The Big East got 11 of their 16 teams in the NCAA Tournament. Mathematically speaking, that would be equivalent to 7 or 8 from the Big 10 and 8 from the SEC, ACC and Big 12 ... did any of those leagues get that many teams into the dance?

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,267

    Please move the Big East vs. the world talk to another thread. There is a thread titled Big East where it would fit very well. This thread is for commentary on the game. If you want to talk about UK vs. U Conn, keep it coming.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    9,141

    The loss does "sting" for me too. Seeing buddies hurting and knowing they were so close to the final game. we all have had some "stings" and they do go away after a while. I still rememeber hearing Cawood calling his last game and that was a really bad one. Time heals wounds, also allow yourselves to feel sad, its a process that I'm very used to.

    In the next few days when I meet a Cats fan I'll be as nice as I can. As I did with Card fans who are relatives, Coach Bryant always talked about having class and showing it. I still want to hit something when I think about the Gamecocks/LSU/Auburn, but I just sit down.

    Seeing the big kid shooting threes this past few days in the High School games contest looks fun for next season for the Cats.

  8. #128
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,437

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Please move the Big East vs. the world talk to another thread. There is a thread titled Big East where it would fit very well. This thread is for commentary on the game. If you want to talk about UK vs. U Conn, keep it coming.
    Thanks, VOR. I was going to make a similar request.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Please move the Big East vs. the world talk to another thread. There is a thread titled Big East where it would fit very well. This thread is for commentary on the game. If you want to talk about UK vs. U Conn, keep it coming.
    Amen VOR. It's very obvious that the originator of this thread had a hidden agenda. He's had plenty of time for this thread, guess the baby is sleeping better these days. Dead horse.

  10. #130
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Amen VOR. It's very obvious that the originator of this thread had a hidden agenda. He's had plenty of time for this thread, guess the baby is sleeping better these days. Dead horse.
    Why would you want to talk about it. You've been hammering the Big East for weeks and now that overrated wasteland of a conference once again sends UK home when it counts.

    And we all shine on.....

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Why would you want to talk about it. You've been hammering the Big East for weeks and now that overrated wasteland of a conference once again sends UK home when it counts.

    And we all shine on.....
    Yes we do......

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Why would you want to talk about it. You've been hammering the Big East for weeks and now that overrated wasteland of a conference once again sends UK home when it counts.

    And we all shine on.....
    Did it count in the second round?

  13. #133
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Did it count in the second round?
    Just delayed the inevitable...

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Just delayed the inevitable...
    Fair enough

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Posts
    264

    And again another Big East team knocks out Uk. What is it like 15 years now since they've even made it to the Big game. But wait, Uk has a "tradition". A tradition of being over-rated and can't beat the best!

Top