UConn 56 UK 55

Page 6 of Final...... 185 comments | 6951 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    90% of the country was going to be rooting for whichever team won the first game tonight.
    Probably true.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY View Post
    If you told me before the game UK would hold them to 56 points Id have bet every dollar I could get my hands on for UK to win.
    And Kemba only had 18.

  3. #78
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Living View Post
    Heard an interesting sidenote from Nantz on the game tonight. He said that at the end of this semester Knight will academically be a junior since he too so many college classes at Pinecrest in high school. Could he possibly have a desire to get that degree before he moves on to the NBA? He could probably do it in 1 year with some summer classes.
    He should easily be able to graduate by the end of next year if he so desires...

  4. #79
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,918

    Team just got back to the hotel about 15 minutes ago. What a ride this season.

  5. #80
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,476

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Living View Post
    Heard an interesting sidenote from Nantz on the game tonight. He said that at the end of this semester Knight will academically be a junior since he too so many college classes at Pinecrest in high school. Could he possibly have a desire to get that degree before he moves on to the NBA? He could probably do it in 1 year with some summer classes.
    That and I don't think he is ready will be the reasons that he comes back.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Great year! I loved watching this years team play, even during the regular season during that tough road stretch. I really thought we would win it all this year, especially after how the tournament had gone so far. Just really hurt theirselves tonight on somethings, and can't do that against a great team like UCONN. It was a great game, and UCONN was able to pull it off. This loss stings, but when looking back at this season later on, it would be looked at as a great accomplishment.

    GO CATS!

  7. #82
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    90% of the country was going to be rooting for whichever team won the first game tonight.
    I agree but should VCU had won I would have pulled for UConn. I was getting tired of the VCU Rodney Dangerfield act, was alright the first cpople of games but it had gotten old.

  8. #83
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,376

    I loved the way this UK team scrapped and fought tooth and nail just to get to this point! They proved a lot of us UK fans wrong.

    I'll give it up to Kemba and UConn. GT, I'm on your side, I thought Liggins should have been on Lamb but hey it is what it is at this point.

    I thought Miller should have been in the game in the last two possessions. He's a clutch player who makes clutch plays.

    As bad as UK played tonight, there was still a shot in the air that would have won this game.

  9. #84
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    He should easily be able to graduate by the end of next year if he so desires...
    I had stated in another thread that he would academically be a junior starting next season. Knights parents and Knight put an emphasis on academics coming into U.K..

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    I hope Knight come's back, I love the kids desire to get it done. Only thing that really hurst about this game is Harrelson going out the way he did. He just couldn't get in a rhythm.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Been back to Friendswood, TX (we're staying at a friend of myt dad's house) for almost two hours now.....got some cocktails in, and now am ready to talk about the game. Well, that was impressive. I don't remember a UK team fighting like that. Not since, probably 1998, they battled their brains out. The crowd was split like this IMO (UK 60%, VCU 25%, Butler 10%, UConn 5%).....UConn students had better have a good excuse why they only filled half of the student section. Ashley Judd looked phenominal. Also, I want to say, IMO, this was the best coaching job that Calipari has ever done. I said all week, Liggins needed to be on Lamb. Walker only had 18, but had 6-7 assists, and led to other open looks, like the missed three that was flushed. So, UConn plays Butler Monday, in what is sure to be the moset awesome 52-50 game in history. Amazing that a "Cinderella", will have home court advantage in the Finals two years in a row.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.

  13. #88
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,376

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY View Post
    UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.


    It was a tough night for them three.

    Jorts missed some early. Liggins was a little careless IMO and Miller couldn't hit from outside.

    Although I will say this, I wish Miller would have been taking the shot that Liggins took. But ooh well. I'm still very, VERY proud of this team!

  14. #89
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,805

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Been back to Friendswood, TX (we're staying at a friend of myt dad's house) for almost two hours now.....got some cocktails in, and now am ready to talk about the game. Well, that was impressive. I don't remember a UK team fighting like that. Not since, probably 1998, they battled their brains out. The crowd was split like this IMO (UK 60%, VCU 25%, Butler 10%, UConn 5%).....UConn students had better have a good excuse why they only filled half of the student section. Ashley Judd looked phenominal. Also, I want to say, IMO, this was the best coaching job that Calipari has ever done. I said all week, Liggins needed to be on Lamb. Walker only had 18, but had 6-7 assists, and led to other open looks, like the missed three that was flushed. So, UConn plays Butler Monday, in what is sure to be the moset awesome 52-50 game in history. Amazing that a "Cinderella", will have home court advantage in the Finals two years in a row.
    Did ya see the "Where is Duke sign?" in the Butler student section? Gotta hand it to them that was pretty good.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY View Post
    UK got 14pts and 7 boards from Miller/Liggins/Jorts. This team just isnt capable of winning big games when thats all they get from the upper classmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Charms View Post


    It was a tough night for them three.

    Jorts missed some early. Liggins was a little careless IMO and Miller couldn't hit from outside.

    Although I will say this, I wish Miller would have been taking the shot that Liggins took. But ooh well. I'm still very, VERY proud of this team!
    Agreed, their play was subpar, but at the same time, it was their play that got us here. I just wish it hadn't ended like this for Harrelson, I think I'm more sade for him than I am that UK lost.

Top