UConn 53 Butler 41

Page 5 of Brad Stevens. All Class...... 83 comments | 2399 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I saw a tweet that said "If Butler had shot Tupac he'd still be alive."
    That's so wrong, but probably true.
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,155

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post


    In all seriousness this was one of the worst basketball games I ever watched.
    It's probably the worst championship game I've seen since UNLV/Duke from 1990. But at least in that game, you got to see one of the greatest college teams ever. In this one, not so much.

    But, I have to say hat's off to UCONN. Those guys put together some kind of a run. Even though the final game was a disaster, Kemba & company deserve much props.

  3. #63
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,376

    Quote Originally Posted by TaterSalad View Post
    Sorry, not really part of this thread, but I read a story that UCONN contacted Houston and Rice University Monday morning and gave tickets to the atheletes to fill the UCONN student section.
    If that is true, that is weak sauce.

  4. #64
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Charms View Post
    If that is true, that is weak sauce.
    It's true, 300 free tickets to those who responded to the email.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    ^That's kind of pathetic but cool for the kids at Houston and Rice.

  6. #66
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,162

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post


    In all seriousness this was one of the worst basketball games I ever watched.
    Bad enough to have set the game back decades.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,560

    Nah, people understand that these clunkers get thrown in every once in a while for whatever reason.

  8. #68
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Nah, people understand that these clunkers get thrown in every once in a while for whatever reason.
    Statistically speaking, no they do not. 18% is unimaginably terrible. Add to it, UConn was not even that wonderful in either of their two games. Jeremy Lamb was the big star in the second half because he went 4-8 from the field! Whipee! UConn made two three point baskets while in Houston. Not one team shot 40% at the Final Four. Sure some of it can be attributed to good defense, but I really think some of it has to do with the depth perception and odd stadium configuration. Terrible place to watch a game... and apparently a terrible place to shoot the ball.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,560

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    Statistically speaking, no they do not. 18% is unimaginably terrible. Add to it, UConn was not even that wonderful in either of their two games. Jeremy Lamb was the big star in the second half because he went 4-8 from the field! Whipee! UConn made two three point baskets while in Houston. Not one team shot 40% at the Final Four. Sure some of it can be attributed to good defense, but I really think some of it has to do with the depth perception and odd stadium configuration. Terrible place to watch a game... and apparently a terrible place to shoot the ball.
    People will forget in a year. I mean come on, setting the game back decades?

  10. #70
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior.

  11. #71
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior.
    But yet people don't like watching the NBA..

  12. #72
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,155

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    I think the Final 4 was a microcosm of what I have been saying for some time. College basketball has slowly become a horrendous product. There is no star power, the skill level is diminished, and overall play is going down the toilet. The tournament is fun because of all of its upsets, but as I have said, it is an inverted pyramid of excitement. I have come to appreciate the NBA playoffs more now because the skill set is so superior.
    Agreed. I think it's a product of the one-and-done. But I also think that rule will be eliminated very soon, one way or another.

  13. #73
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Agreed. I think it's a product of the one-and-done. But I also think that rule will be eliminated very soon, one way or another.
    The overall lack of skill development because of AAU I think is just as big of a catalyst, imo.

  14. #74
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    But yet people don't like watching the NBA..
    It is just a totally different game with a different set of rules. The overall skill of play is 10X better though. The worst NBA teams (i.e. Wizards, Cavs, etc.) would have steamrolled through this tournament by an average margin of 50 points.

  15. #75
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,808

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    It is just a totally different game with a different set of rules. The overall skill of play is 10X better though. The worst NBA teams (i.e. Wizards, Cavs, etc.) would have steamrolled through this tournament by an average margin of 50 points.
    I'd still rather watch college basketball 10X more.

Top