UConn 53 Butler 41

Page 2 of Brad Stevens. All Class...... 83 comments | 2399 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,634

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    * - The combined total of 94 points was the lowest in the finals since 1949, which of course means it is the worst of the shot clock era.
    * - UConn's 53 points were the lowest by a champion since 1949, and Butler's 41 points were the lowest by any team since that same year.
    By the way, that 1949 game that keeps popping up was a 46-36 victory for Kentucky over Oklahoma A&M out in Seattle.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    I was hoping that smiley was coming
    I wanted to see what kind of response I would get.

  3. #18
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,116

    Calhoun is gone and the flood gates will open.....

  4. #19
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,634

    Mark Emmert looks like a slim Newt Gingrich.

  5. #20
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,243

    Matchups so often are the key factor in tournament games and U Conn got two good matchups in the Final Four. UK's achilles heel all season was teams that had size and strength inside. Good matchup #1 for U Conn. Then in the title game they go against a team they matched up even better with in the size battle. U Conn's big men completely dominated this Final Four. They completely controlled the middle and allowed their perimeter defenders to stay with the shooters. Congrats to the Huskies on another title.

  6. #21
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,155

    Mark Emmert takes stage. Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him...

  7. #22
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Mark Emmert takes stage. Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him...
    Geesh going hard.

  8. #23
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,116

    Okay Calhoun......you made adjustments. Butler just shot 18%......

  9. #24
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,155

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Geesh going hard.
    Joking, of course.

  10. #25
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,264

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    By the way, that 1949 game that keeps popping up was a 46-36 victory for Kentucky over Oklahoma A&M out in Seattle.
    Yep. Of course, they didn't have a three point line or a shot clock back then. Without the 3 point line, Butler would have scored 32 points, which would have been the least ever in the finals. That's how bad they were.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Now we'll see what will happen with Calhoun.

  12. #27
    THUNDERBIRDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Keeping the S.C.I.T. in check...
    Posts
    4,116

    We will eventually fnd out that Mark Emmert is as dirty as they come.....IMO...There is just something not right there!!!

  13. #28
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Matchups so often are the key factor in tournament games and U Conn got two good matchups in the Final Four. UK's achilles heel all season was teams that had size and strength inside. Good matchup #1 for U Conn. Then in the title game they go against a team they matched up even better with in the size battle. U Conn's big men completely dominated this Final Four. They completely controlled the middle and allowed their perimeter defenders to stay with the shooters. Congrats to the Huskies on another title.
    This...

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    I thought the Women's National Title game was tomorrow?

  15. #30
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,634

    When Butler's kids go to bed tonight they'll be able to remember every single shot the team made. So they've got that going for them.

Top