Selection Sunday Thread

Page 9 of I haven't read all all 250+ posts, so I apologize if this point is already brought up. Kentucky started the weekend ranked #16 in the country. The secu... 317 comments | 10663 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    I think UNC is a solid 2 seed. I think they were a #1 if they beat Duke today.
    I would put UConn ahead of them in my bracket, just because of how bad they got beat by Duke and how well UConn's been playing of late.
    Advertisement

  2. #122
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,267

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    I think someone should call and check on DragonFire. Make sure he and his TV are ok.


    Really, I'm almost too stunned to be angry about it. I really never imagined they'd be put up that high. When I saw Wisconsin as a 4 seed, I thought here comes BYU as the 2 seed. Then WHAM we see Florida.

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,819

    They only had 2 former coaches on the committee and I believe that speaks volumes...I don't think they looked at head to head as much, or teams who are hot right now!

  4. #124
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,267

    Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoach View Post
    Should be higher... In fact, IMO they should have UF's spot.
    I think that BYU should've bumped Florida down and Louisville should've taken the 3 seed. Florida is no higher than a 4 seed.

  5. #125
    RondoRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    Loving triple doubles.
    Posts
    1,670

    This has to be the worst selection committee of all time. So many egregious errors across the board. And by the way, how does UC play UConn in the 2nd round if they both win? You can play someone from your conference in the 2nd round?? Won't even comment on the UF 2/UK 4 situation.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,766

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    I think that BYU should've bumped Florida down and Louisville should've taken the 3 seed. Florida is no higher than a 4 seed.
    I'd take that as well.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    16,083

    Here's my upsets:
    East:

    7) Washington over UNC-Second round

    Southwest:

    None

    Southeast:

    13 Belmont over Wisconsin
    St John's will reach the Elite 8.

    West:

    Texas over Duke in the Sweet 16
    Uconn wins the West.

    Finals four: Kanas, Pitt, OSU, Uconn

    Kansas over OSU

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Here are my overall thoughts so far. Louisville and Kentucky are legitimate #4 seeds; possibly even 3, Florida is NOT a 2 seed; no idea how that one happened, NO IDEA how Georgia gets in without Alabama getting in (VERY STRANGE), I questioned Tennessee getting in as well as a few others. All I can say is that I will be sitting back and enjoying a lot of upsets; definitely not a good year to pick most teams based on high seeds, unless they are #1 or Pittsburgh. IMO, Pitt has the toughest road to haul as a #1. Should be a very interesting tournament to say in the least.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the zone
    Posts
    13,387

    DickieV Dick Vitale
    How. did Florida get a # 2 seed & UK a # 4?

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by RondoRules View Post
    This has to be the worst selection committee of all time. So many egregious errors across the board. And by the way, how does UC play UConn in the 2nd round if they both win? You can play someone from your conference in the 2nd round?? Won't even comment on the UF 2/UK 4 situation.
    With so many big east teams making it, it would be hard to keep the teams from playing like in the past. That is one thing I don't have a problem with, I think it is good for UC if they can get by Missouri.

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    22,131

    Ya know, UK probably deserved the 4 seed but UF getting a 2 seed is a complete joke by the NCAA.


    I'm actually still waiting on the real brackets to come out because this one is laughable.

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Michigan State was very questionable for me too.

  13. #133
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    Here are my overall thoughts so far. Louisville and Kentucky are legitimate #4 seeds; possibly even 3, Florida is NOT a 2 seed; no idea how that one happened, NO IDEA how Georgia gets in without Alabama getting in (VERY STRANGE), I questioned Tennessee getting in as well as a few others. All I can say is that I will be sitting back and enjoying a lot of upsets; definitely not a good year to pick most teams based on high seeds, unless they are #1 or Pittsburgh. IMO, Pitt has the toughest road to haul as a #1. Should be a very interesting tournament to say in the least.
    Pitt has the easiest road by far IMO.

  14. #134

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Pathetic work by the committee. At least the teams get to play it out. Go Cats! I'm hoping for some nice payback against WVU. Not too much to ask if the Cats can keep up the momentum from this weekend.

  15. #135
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    9,246

    Quote Originally Posted by UKYBBALL View Post
    Duke is sitting back thinking with our draw, it looks like we got the oveall #1 seed. Duke loves the draw. Ohio State is saying our bracket is loaded!!!
    Not really sure what your trying to say here. Duke has a rough bracket. The 2 other ones are much weaker than Dukes.

Top