Pearl Fired

  1. #1
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Pearl Fired

    http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports....71764/28018503
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    UT really had no choice but to fire him. He certainly raised the level of play there and helped the program but you simply can't ignore the transgressions.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    At least he gets to leave with a lovely parting gift.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    At least he gets to leave with a lovely parting gift.
    What's that? probation.

    So now the questions are, what effect does this have on Jim Tressel and OSU and who replaces Pearl?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Koun Dog View Post
    What's that? probation.

    So now the questions are, what effect does this have on Jim Tressel and OSU and who replaces Pearl?
    This will have zero impact on Tressel.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Shocker....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    This will have zero impact on Tressel.
    Then he will be the only coach to lie to the NCAA and not be fired. But I think you are correct.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Wonder who they'll hire next?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    335

    If Pearl resurfaces at a new school, will his punishment from NCAA go with him?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 08
    Location
    How often do you see 2 Princesses?
    Posts
    531

    I bet they fired him for the orange suspenders he wore at the SEC tournament. That is worthy of being fired on its own. The NCAA problems and getting beat by 30 was just icing IMO.............

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Plus his team quit on him in the tournament.

  12. #12
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    I'll miss seeing him on the sidelines for UT.

    I could be wrong, but I don't really see Tennessee landing a big name coach. I think this move will prove a serious setback over the next several years, but agree that they had to do it.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,357

    Tennessee fans better not get too excited about a new coach. Zero chance they can hire someone as good as Pearl.

  14. #14
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    $2 Mil is a nice gift on the way out.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I'll miss seeing him on the sidelines for UT.

    I could be wrong, but I don't really see Tennessee landing a big name coach. I think this move will prove a serious setback over the next several years, but agree that they had to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Soup View Post
    Tennessee fans better not get too excited about a new coach. Zero chance they can hire someone as good as Pearl.

Top