New Head Coach @ Tennessee: Cuonzo Martin

Page 2 of I vaguely remember him as a player; don't know the first thing about him as a coach. Advertisement Mar 28, 11, 04:49 PM #22 nikeman49 View Profile... 48 comments | 2110 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Steven Pearl was ripping this hire on twitter and the tweets magically disappeared and now his Facebook says his twitter was hacked. Just like his daddy, a liar.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    ^ And now he deleted his twitter account.

  3. #18
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,739

    I don't know much about this guy, but seems like he is a far cry from their wish list that they had lol

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball and life is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,715

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I don't know much about this guy, but seems like he is a far cry from their wish list that they had lol
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Who knows, he may be the savior to the problems that Tennessee has, only time will tell.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,357

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Steven Pearl was ripping this hire on twitter and the tweets magically disappeared and now his Facebook says his twitter was hacked. Just like his daddy, a liar.
    Amazing how these guys always get their accounts hacked moments after breaking news.

  6. #21
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,160

    I vaguely remember him as a player; don't know the first thing about him as a coach.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    1,825

    Not much of a hire....just what Rocky Top deserves!!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,490

    Wasn't he the MVC coach of the year? He was tough and a tough-minded player with the Boilers.....was an undersized forward as I recall.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I'm not sure if Tennessee is a better job than Memphis right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    I couldn't see him leaving for the mess UT has on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    I would think that Pastner would not consider this job.
    I think Tennessee can pay more than Memphis- guess they did not open up the check book here.

    BTW, Mike Hamilton should get axed- seriously; how can he survive Lane Kiffin and Bruce Pearl!!! Then this hire for Pearl's replacement? I am not sure what he has done to keep the AD gig.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by AHSPanther23 View Post
    61-41 in three seasons....will be interesting to see how he does in the SEC.
    He went from 11-20 to 24-12 to 26-9 ...

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Quote Originally Posted by born2reign View Post
    I think Tennessee can pay more than Memphis- guess they did not open up the check book here.

    BTW, Mike Hamilton should get axed- seriously; how can he survive Lane Kiffin and Bruce Pearl!!! Then this hire for Pearl's replacement? I am not sure what he has done to keep the AD gig.
    Memphis has Fedex money behind them.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    Quote Originally Posted by NHS BIG DADDY View Post
    Memphis has Fedex money behind them.
    I still feel Tennessee has more dough if they wanted to pony it up than Memphis could muster- Fed Ex or not.

  13. #28
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by born2reign View Post
    I still feel Tennessee has more dough if they wanted to pony it up than Memphis could muster- Fed Ex or not.
    No chance. Back when UK was going after Calipari, it was talked about how Memphis was one of, if not the only place that could win a bidding war with UK.

  14. #29
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    I really question the logic behind those criticizing this hire. He's a heck of an up and coming coach. Depending on the sanctions UT is hit with, he should have them back up and competing fairly quickly.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Location
    "In God we trust- everyone else, keep your hands where I can see 'em!"
    Posts
    4,702

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    No chance. Back when UK was going after Calipari, it was talked about how Memphis was one of, if not the only place that could win a bidding war with UK.
    I am going to have to see some numbers to back this up- the athletic department dollars do not even compare considering football and the revenue it generates. So unless Fed Ex is funneling revenues to the University of Memphis, which would have to be on their books as a public company, I am really doubting Memphis could outspend Tennessee if the Vols wanted to pony up the dough.

Top