NC State Fires Sidney Lowe

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    NC State Fires Sidney Lowe

    Bad, bad hire.

    It will be interesting to see who they talk to.

    I'd guess a phone call out west will be taking place in the near future.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Bad, bad hire.

    It will be interesting to see who they talk to.

    I'd guess a phone call out west will be taking place in the near future.
    Out west?

  3. #3
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,266

    So much for that recruiting class saving Lowe's job. It only prolonged the inevitable for a year.

    Who you thinking about, Clyde? Sean Miller?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    So much for that recruiting class saving Lowe's job. It only prolonged the inevitable for a year.

    Who you thinking about, Clyde? Sean Miller?
    If the Pack can come up with the jack (I'm a poet) then there are a lot of positives for Miller to look at with NC St.

  5. #5
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,604

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If the Pack can come up with the jack (I'm a poet) then there are a lot of positives for Miller to look at with NC St.
    He would be INSANE to leave Zona for that mess...

  6. #6
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,652

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If the Pack can come up with the jack (I'm a poet) then there are a lot of positives for Miller to look at with NC St.
    Of course the negatives would be that its hard to consistently compete with Duke and Carolina, especially considering the fact that Arizona is now back at the top of the Pac-10 without a lot of surge from the schools behind them.

  7. #7
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    He would be INSANE to leave Zona for that mess...
    Was thinking the same thing. He's got a nice job at the big dog of a Power 6 right now. No positives about moving to NC State and losing out to Duke and UNC for the big name recruits.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Fellas, sometimes there's more to it than place in the conference unless only 2 from the ACC are allowed to go to the tourney. I'm not saying it will happen. I AM saying that if the money is right (and that's yet TBD) they will talk.

  9. #9
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,604

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Fellas, sometimes there's more to it than place in the conference unless only 2 from the ACC are allowed to go to the tourney. I'm not saying it will happen. I AM saying that if the money is right (and that's yet TBD) they will talk.
    Like an insane fan base that ran off a good friend of Miller's for having success, but not enough? I get what you're saying. I'm saying he would be an idiot to make that move...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Like an insane fan base that ran off a good friend of Miller's for having success, but not enough? I get what you're saying. I'm saying he would be an idiot to make that move...
    Maybe so. The point is that interest will be mutual. Heck, he may just wait to see if Williams or Calhoun retire before pursuing his next gig.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,357

    Oh man, until this moment I forgot CJ Leslie existed. Talk about going to a wasteland.

  12. #12
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,604

    Arizona's Sean Miller will not depart for N.C. State

    Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...#ixzz1GhoBjW4k

  13. #13
    strongopenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    5,368

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Bad, bad hire.

    It will be interesting to see who they talk to.

    I'd guess a phone call out west will be taking place in the near future.
    It is easy to say it was a bad hire after the fact.

    Sidney Lowe was the captain of the NC State national championship team, and he played and coached in the NBA for many years.

    He obviously knows the game, he knows the lay of the land in Raleigh, NC, and he was able to bring in some top notch recruits.

    The problem is that it is tough to win in the ACC and Sidney Lowe did not win enough.

    He ends up with an 86-78 record which translated to not enough success. It does not make it a bad hire five years ago.

  14. #14
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    NC State has been average to below average for quite some time. I wonder how high their hopes are?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Sugartit
    Posts
    11,424

    Sidney Lowe was a NBA coach and had very little chance of succeeding there.
    I can recall Calipari dancing with NCST for a little while the last time it was open.
    If I recall correctly the administration there is a little wacky, especially regarding hoops.

Top