Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

Page 8 of Originally Posted by gametime You don't foul up 2. Ever... Thanks for clearing that up, I guess they missed the part about giving up 3's too.... Advert... 160 comments | 4725 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    UK fans know that Rick loves the drama. He did at UK. He does now with his vague comments about coming back.
    Yep.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    Xgrad-JAGdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    844

    Would those out there who don't think the Big East is the best conference please enlighten/entertain me with your opinions?

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    42

    The game was great. I love that Morehead won, but what really bothered me was pitino walking off the court and not even shaking hands. What a classless act by a classless person, but wouldn't expect anything else from him.

  4. #109

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgrad-JAGdad View Post
    Would those out there who don't think the Big East is the best conference please enlighten/entertain me with your opinions?
    No way the Big East is the best conference. Louisville lost to Morehead St. Villanova lost to George Mason. St. Johns lost to Gonzaga. They were all lower seeded teams. There will be more to follow. Everyone is seeing the Big East getting exposed. The BE is a good conference but very overrated.

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Feb 10
    Location
    a contest
    Posts
    3,931

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    No way the Big East is the best conference. Louisville lost to Morehead St. Villanova lost to George Mason. St. Johns lost to Gonzaga. They were all lower seeded teams. There will be more to follow. Everyone is seeing the Big East getting exposed. The BE is a good conference but very overrated.
    Lot of hype and I'll say it once again-no more than half of ANY conferences teams should be in the NCAA.

  6. #111
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    No way the Big East is the best conference. Louisville lost to Morehead St. Villanova lost to George Mason. St. Johns lost to Gonzaga. They were all lower seeded teams.
    Incorrect...

  7. #112
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,185

    George Mason was the 8 seed & Nova the 9.

    I'm not seeing any conference better than the Big East. You could possibly make the argument that the Big 12 has the better upper-echelon teams, but from top to bottom it's not even close.

  8. #113
    Xgrad-JAGdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    844

    Still waiting to hear one that's better...

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Incorrect...
    Thanks for the correction GT. Nova was the higher seed in the 8-9 game.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Incorrect...
    In no way am I saying the Big East isn't the best conference, because I think they are. The reason I think they are the best is because of the depth of quality teams like I've been saying for awhile (although having that many teams, they should have a lot of depth). I don't see one big east team that I look at and I'm scared to play. Pitt may make the final four just because of the weak bracket they have, but honestly I don't see a big east team threatening for a NC.

  11. #116

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    By the way, it was a fun night to be in Morehead... The campus went absolutely crazy when Demonte hit that shot... I loved the call. If your the small school you don't go for the tie and hope to pull it out in overtime, you go for the knockout punch in regular time if you can. Worked out for DT and the Eagles!! Excited for the game tomorrow.

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    George Mason was the 8 seed & Nova the 9.

    I'm not seeing any conference better than the Big East. You could possibly make the argument that the Big 12 has the better upper-echelon teams, but from top to bottom it's not even close.
    The "top to bottom" argument is cliche' and is being proven to not be valid. No way the Big East should of gotten 11 teams in this field.

  13. #118
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    The "top to bottom" argument is cliche' and is being proven to not be valid. No way the Big East should of gotten 11 teams in this field.
    You might want to inform teams in other leagues to, you know, WIN MORE. The committee had no choice but to put 11 BE teams in because their resumes dictated that they were better than another alternatives...

  14. #119
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,185

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    The "top to bottom" argument is cliche' and is being proven to not be valid. No way the Big East should of gotten 11 teams in this field.
    So which conference do you think is better top to bottom?

  15. #120
    Xgrad-JAGdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    844

    ^ I've asked the same question but there has been no offering of an answer. That tells me a lot.

Top