Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

Page 10 of Originally Posted by gametime You don't foul up 2. Ever... Thanks for clearing that up, I guess they missed the part about giving up 3's too.... Advert... 160 comments | 4727 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #136
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,185

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Look, I am not changing anything. I know basketball and I know the Big East did not deserve to get 11 teams in this tournament. Sagarin took all the teams in all the conferences using his "simple average" formula and the Big Ten came out ahead of the Big East. Your are biased to the Big East. I have no bias and can therefore be much more objective than you regarding this discussion.
    A lot of teams were undeserving of a bid, I'm not disputing that. But outside Colorado, I'm not sure there are any other teams that have a gripe as to why they should have been in. The quality of basketball this year is horribly lacking, therefore there are a plethora of teams that just aren't very good, but yet they make the tournament because 68 teams have to make it.

    Now, if you want to make an overseeding argument, I'm with you. But if we're talking just making the tourney vs. not making the tourney, the only Big East team that perhaps should have been left out is Villanova. Again, this is my opinion and I'm not looking at ratings, etc. but every other Big East team was deserving of a bid IMO.
    Advertisement

  2. #137
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Really not sure why you believe that I am biased against the Big East, because I'm not. Just go by numbers and performance. Head to head results are very telling. The best team in the Big East had an RPI of 10. Not good.
    Go look at the Big East OOC against other power conferences this year. You are ignoring the facts...

  3. #138

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Sorry you assume that just because I'm a life long UK fan that I have bias against the Big East. Simply false.

  4. #139
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Sorry you assume that just because I'm a life long UK fan that I have bias against the Big East. Simply false.
    You are ignoring facts and only using examples that suit your argument. If it's not bias, it's stupidity...

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Go look at the Big East OOC against other power conferences this year. You are ignoring the facts...
    We need to meet for a cold beverage. My fingers are tired.

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Sorry to see you attack my intelligence. Not a place I would go.

  7. #142

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    You are ignoring facts and only using examples that suit your argument. If it's not bias, it's stupidity...
    So you are essentially saying that an MIT grad is stupid???

  8. #143
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Sorry to see you attack my intelligence. Not a place I would go.
    Not your intelligence, your stance on this. You are sticking your head in the sand and ignoring facts. There isn't a GREAT team in the Big East this year, but there are at least 11 very good teams that all deserved to be in the tournament based on their resume against the competition. To jump in on a thread every time a team in the league loses is poor form when you are nowhere to be found when they win...

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgrad-JAGdad View Post
    Still waiting to hear one that's better...
    I agree; many may get tired of hearing that the Big East is the best conference, but when 11 teams finish over .500 in conference play within it, denial is hard. I believe that what many forget is that the best individual team of the country may not be in it, but that doesn't take anything away from the toughness of the conference. The first round is nearly over and Georgetown is the last team to play and only 3 of 11 has lost so far, which makes a statement within itself. If Georgetown beats VCU, there will still be 8 teams in the 2nd round, which is typically what they brought before.

    And to those dogging Louisville, Morehead is a good team and were probably far better than many were aware. After seeing them play, I believe that they could beat plenty other teams that others wouldn't think. The game wasn't a fluke, Morehead was flat out the better team.

  10. #145

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Not your intelligence, your stance on this. You are sticking your head in the sand and ignoring facts. There isn't a GREAT team in the Big East this year, but there are at least 11 very good teams that all deserved to be in the tournament based on their resume against the competition. To jump in on a thread every time a team in the league loses is poor form when you are nowhere to be found when they win...
    I agree, 11 teams deserved to be there.

  11. #146
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,185

    An argument can be made against Villanova, I think. 2-7 over their last nine games entering the NCAA tournament (I put a lot of stock in the last 8-10). Those two wins came against mighty Seton Hall & DePaul. Lost conference opener to South Florida. Very weak OOC schedule, highlighted by wins vs. UCLA & Temple.

    But I will say that UAB was the most undeserving tourney at-large & Colorado should have been in their place. If Nova's in they should have been an 11 or 12 seed. Outside of them, I would solidly support the other 10 teams who made it.

  12. #147
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    An argument can be made against Villanova, I think. 2-7 over their last nine games entering the NCAA tournament (I put a lot of stock in the last 8-10). Those two wins came against mighty Seton Hall & DePaul. Lost conference opener to South Florida. Very weak OOC schedule, highlighted by wins vs. UCLA & Temple.

    But I will say that UAB was the most undeserving tourney at-large & Colorado should have been in their place. If Nova's in they should have been an 11 or 12 seed. Outside of them, I would solidly support the other 10 teams who made it.

  13. #148

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    11,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    An argument can be made against Villanova, I think. 2-7 over their last nine games entering the NCAA tournament (I put a lot of stock in the last 8-10). Those two wins came against mighty Seton Hall & DePaul. Lost conference opener to South Florida. Very weak OOC schedule, highlighted by wins vs. UCLA & Temple.

    But I will say that UAB was the most undeserving tourney at-large & Colorado should have been in their place. If Nova's in they should have been an 11 or 12 seed. Outside of them, I would solidly support the other 10 teams who made it.
    I agree with you about Colorado; they got snubbed hard.

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    An argument can be made against Villanova, I think. 2-7 over their last nine games entering the NCAA tournament (I put a lot of stock in the last 8-10). Those two wins came against mighty Seton Hall & DePaul. Lost conference opener to South Florida. Very weak OOC schedule, highlighted by wins vs. UCLA & Temple.

    But I will say that UAB was the most undeserving tourney at-large & Colorado should have been in their place. If Nova's in they should have been an 11 or 12 seed. Outside of them, I would solidly support the other 10 teams who made it.
    I agree Nova would have been the only Big East team I would even think about having a problem with being in the tournament... The problem wasn't having too many Big East teams. Just UAB and maybe a couple of others shouldn't have been picked.

  15. #150

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Not your intelligence, your stance on this. You are sticking your head in the sand and ignoring facts. There isn't a GREAT team in the Big East this year, but there are at least 11 very good teams that all deserved to be in the tournament based on their resume against the competition. To jump in on a thread every time a team in the league loses is poor form when you are nowhere to be found when they win...
    It's ok if we agree to disagree. I never ignore the facts. Love facts. I also know for a fact that another BE team will lose tomorrow. Guaranteed. . In all seriousness, good luck to the Bearcats tomorrow night.

Top