Mark Gottfried

  1. #1
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Mark Gottfried

    "Georgia is more deserving of a bid than Alabama."

    Thoughts? Sour grapes? True statement?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    If you look at their numbers there is no comparison, Georgia is better.

  3. #3
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    ^ Not really.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Dynasty
    Posts
    6,745

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash View Post
    If you look at their numbers there is no comparison, Georgia is better.
    Georgia's last 2 losses came at the hands of Bama. I don't think they are better, but they have a better resume.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by KY Thorobred View Post
    Georgia's last 2 losses came at the hands of Bama. I don't think they are better, but they have a better resume.
    I know they lost to Bama but their rpi and strength of schedule are not even close to each other.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Dynasty
    Posts
    6,745

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash View Post
    I know they lost to Bama but their rpi and strength of schedule are not even close to each other.
    Their RPI is better because their SOS is better, but they are 3-9 against those better opponents (Top 50), whereas Bama is 4-4. Should they be rewarded for playing and losing to better teams or should it come down to head to head?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Posts
    2,346

    Quote Originally Posted by KY Thorobred View Post
    Their RPI is better because their SOS is better, but they are 3-9 against those better opponents (Top 50), whereas Bama is 4-4. Should they be rewarded for playing and losing to better teams or should it come down to head to head?
    I don't think it should come down to either or. They both should be in.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Dynasty
    Posts
    6,745

    Quote Originally Posted by Milfordflash View Post
    I don't think it should come down to either or. They both should be in.
    I hope so, but I am really thinking neither one gets in...I would like to see both in the play in game (not against each other), I would drive to Dayton for that.

  9. #9
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    I think UGA's overall body of work is a tad better that Bama's but Bama did beat the Dogs twice in a row to end the season. Bama has some horrible losses early in the season and today's loss to UK didn't help them much.

  10. #10
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,650

    I keep wondering if Alabama will get the same treatment Kentucky got in 2008. Billy Gillispie's team struggled in the non-conference before going 12-4 in the SEC and winning the division. Alabama went 12-4 and won their division this year. They went 5-3 against the much better East division. It's almost the exact same scenario as Kentucky - we'll see if they get in.

  11. #11
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Well, if they base it on fan support (and we know the selection committee considers these things), both will be sitting out.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    9,141

    Neerfan, we lost about the same amount as the Gators. How about the Vols getting in before Bama/Dawgs?

  13. #13
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,251

    Personally, I think Georgia is the better team. I was expecting a much better season out of them this year.

    Georgia has a pretty solid RPI ranking, for what it's worth.

Top