Knight, Liggins and Jones All Declare

Page 8 of None sign with agents.... 121 comments | 3975 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #106
    Hip-Hop Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    6,061

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post




    I don't think there is any way that Liggins will be back, he has a family to support. Jones I believe will be drafted on potential, I don't really expect him back. I hope that I am wrong on both.
    Unless he is a lottery pick there is no guarantee contract( money) anyways. And if your fiance is returning it's you would want to come too... I mean who would want to play overseas while their child is being born.
    Advertisement

  2. #107
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Box View Post
    Unless he is a lottery pick there is no guarantee contract( money) anyways. And if your fiance is returning it's you would want to come too... I mean who would want to play overseas while their child is being born.
    We will have to see. That was jmo and as I said, I hope that all come back.

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Box View Post
    Unless he is a lottery pick there is no guarantee contract( money) anyways. And if your fiance is returning it's you would want to come too... I mean who would want to play overseas while their child is being born.
    I'm confused.. Are they expecting another? He already has one child.

  4. #109
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Box View Post
    Unless he is a lottery pick there is no guarantee contract( money) anyways. And if your fiance is returning it's you would want to come too... I mean who would want to play overseas while their child is being born.
    The entire 1st round is guaranteed...

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    The entire 1st round is guaranteed...
    I don't think it makes a difference. Liggins is far from a first rounder regardless.

  6. #111

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Jones' mom says the decision will likely go the wire.

    BKnight got the confirmation he needed.

    http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/04/1...#storylink=rss

  7. #112
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Jones' mom says the decision will likely go the wire.

    BKnight got the confirmation he needed.

    http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/04/1...#storylink=rss
    Good news for Knight but I was really hoping to see him return. I admit it, I was hoping that he would have a bad day in front of the NBA people just bc I wanted him to return. Should Jones go, with what U.K,. has coming in imo it wouldn't hurt as bad as Knight leaving. I wish Knight and Jones the very best no matter what they choose. Thanks for posting the link Clyde.

  8. #113
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,894

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Jones' mom says the decision will likely go the wire.

    BKnight got the confirmation he needed.

    http://www.kentucky.com/2011/05/04/1...#storylink=rss
    So is Jones going to announce his intentions to return to UK by putting back on his cap, then pull the 180 and put on a sports agency cap?

  9. #114
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    Seems like nearly every season going back to the Patterson decision we have watched other teams have their rosters pretty well finalized in April while UK is going down to the wire with mid-May decisions.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Seems like nearly every season going back to the Patterson decision we have watched other teams have their rosters pretty well finalized in April while UK is going down to the wire with mid-May decisions.
    As long as Calipari keeps bringing in monster classes...

    1) it will probably continue

    2) I'm OK with it.

  11. #116
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    More than the NBA decisions, I just find it interesting that it seems like the last (big) recruit to decide per year is someone that Kentucky is in on... Patterson, Wall, Jones, Lacey.

    The NBA decisions on top of that just make basketball season a year round sport.

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    More than the NBA decisions, I just find it interesting that it seems like the last (big) recruit to decide per year is someone that Kentucky is in on... Patterson, Wall, Jones, Lacey.

    The NBA decisions on top of that just make basketball season a year round sport.
    Well.. when Kentucky is in on EVERY big recruit....

  13. #118
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    Obviously I'm doing a poor job of making my point.

  14. #119
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting down in Central KY, still enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,366

    Hearing from a pretty good source that Liggins will be returning--If so UK getting pretty deep in a hurry!!

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville, KY
    Posts
    22,131

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    Hearing from a pretty good source that Liggins will be returning--If so UK getting pretty deep in a hurry!!
    Great, another poster with a "source"...

Top