Kentucky/Ohio State Predictions

Page 10 of Hoping I'm wrong, but this has the potential to get ugly.... 205 comments | 6544 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who do you think wins this game?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kentucky

    40 52.63%
  • Ohio State

    36 47.37%
  1. #136
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    Against good teams...


    Forgive me if I think UK is the best team OSU has faced this season....This will be the 4th time they've played a good team away from CBus....They're 1-2 in those games with the lone win coming against a Florida team that struggled mightily at the beginning of the year. I expect OSU to win (in a tight one), but I think it's laughable for people to think UK doesn't have a decent chance in this one.
    Advertisement

  2. #137

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Posts
    299

    I also think OSU is the best team UK has faced this year! I really disagree with your argument because you give no credit for conference road wins! No one should no that better this year than UK fans where the Cats went 2-6 on the road in the SEC, which I will argue is not as good as the Big Ten this year. When played at home OSU beat those same teams that gave them their losses by 23 & 28 points. Are you trying to argue that KY is a good road team? If this game was played in Rupp arena more people would be giving UK a better chance, me included, but it is not.

  3. #138
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by royals 101 View Post
    I also think OSU is the best team UK has faced this year! I really disagree with your argument because you give no credit for conference road wins! No one should no that better this year than UK fans where the Cats went 2-6 on the road in the SEC, which I will argue is not as good as the Big Ten this year. When played at home OSU beat those same teams that gave them their losses by 23 & 28 points. Are you trying to argue that KY is a good road team? If this game was played in Rupp arena more people would be giving UK a better chance, me included, but it is not.
    Here's the difference. If UK plays anywhere in the country, but on an opponent's home floor, it's more or less a home game for them. They'll have a huge fan advantage anywhere against anyone.

  4. #139
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by royals 101 View Post
    I also think OSU is the best team UK has faced this year! I really disagree with your argument because you give no credit for conference road wins! No one should no that better this year than UK fans where the Cats went 2-6 on the road in the SEC, which I will argue is not as good as the Big Ten this year. When played at home OSU beat those same teams that gave them their losses by 23 & 28 points. Are you trying to argue that KY is a good road team? If this game was played in Rupp arena more people would be giving UK a better chance, me included, but it is not.
    You think?

  5. #140
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    You think?
    Where's the captain when you need him?

  6. #141
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259


  7. #142

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Posts
    299

    I agree they always have a big following but it is still not a Rupp Arena advantage. This will not be like the SEC Tournament either in terms of fan support. The crowd advantage at this stage in the game should come from whoever the teams in the first game decide to cheer for. I am sure the UK fans have been busy on ebay and craigs list, but so have the other teams fans. For what it is worth, Buckeye fans travel pretty well also. I know what you are saying about Hawaii and venues that you know they are going to playing in but most of these tickets are sold before anyone knows who is even playing there.

  8. #143
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,895

    Quote Originally Posted by royals 101 View Post
    I agree they always have a big following but it is still not a Rupp Arena advantage. This will not be like the SEC Tournament either in terms of fan support. The crowd advantage at this stage in the game should come from whoever the teams in the first game decide to cheer for. I am sure the UK fans have been busy on ebay and craigs list, but so have the other teams fans. For what it is worth, Buckeye fans travel pretty well also. I know what you are saying about Hawaii and venues that you know they are going to playing in but most of these tickets are sold before anyone knows who is even playing there.
    The other two teams will be rooting for Kentucky for the simple fact they are not as good as tOSU.

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,491

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    The other two teams will be rooting for Kentucky for the simple fact they are not as good as tOSU.
    Everyone wants to bring down the boogeyman.

  10. #145

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by royals 101 View Post
    I also think OSU is the best team UK has faced this year! I really disagree with your argument because you give no credit for conference road wins! No one should no that better this year than UK fans where the Cats went 2-6 on the road in the SEC, which I will argue is not as good as the Big Ten this year. When played at home OSU beat those same teams that gave them their losses by 23 & 28 points. Are you trying to argue that KY is a good road team? If this game was played in Rupp arena more people would be giving UK a better chance, me included, but it is not.
    It isn't at Rupp but it isn't a road game either. UK has been very good on neutral courts this year, I think that is the point.

  11. #146

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    2,568

    Kentucky will win IF and only IF Darius Miller shows up for that night. Whenever he plays well he really lifts the team off and we need that against a team this good.

  12. #147

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    These are tow very similar teams. Play 7 people, good shooters, the big difference is Sullinger. Harrelson has to hold his own. Not impossible but not highly probable.

  13. #148
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by formerkywrestler View Post
    I quit dipping 6 weeks ago and I constantly chew gum now.
    Thats great, when I quit smoking I used the nicotine patches and tootsie pops.

  14. #149
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    You think?
    34-2, Ranked #1......I guess I agree.

    J/K Royals......

  15. #150

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Can someone who has seen both teams play post a player matchup comparison? Maybe something in the format:

    Josh Harrellson <<< Jared Sullinger

    From what I do know of both teams, it seems like UK has an advantage in individual matchups. Just curious as to what you all think, and maybe I'm missing something.

Top