Kentucky 62 Ohio State 60

Page 5 of Final!! Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 166 comments | 5589 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    I called Liggins as the X factor, just didn't think it would be to take Craft out of the equation. Was identical to Cronin using Bishop to shut down Siva when UC beat UL. Just a fantastic coaching move that had a major impact on the game that wasn't expected...
    It was also identical to when Calipari put Liggins on Siva
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    Devil's Dome
    Posts
    4,391

    And a One and a Two(Everybody join in ):
    Ohio State is red
    Kentucky is blue
    Duke went home
    So is OSU!!!!

  3. #63
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    I called Liggins as the X factor, just didn't think it would be to take Craft out of the equation. Was identical to Cronin using Bishop to shut down Siva when UC beat UL. Just a fantastic coaching move that had a major impact on the game that wasn't expected...
    I was doing matchups in my head... Trying to figure out if Liggins was going to guard Diebler, Buford, or Lighty... Craft never crossed my mind.

    I guess that's why I'm a fan and not a coach.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    t-mill
    Posts
    1,410

    WOW most excited as I have ever been as a UK fan.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Liggins on the offensive end was phenomenal. Diebler has never been accused of being a good defender and Liggins exposed him off the bounce.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I was doing matchups in my head... Trying to figure out if Liggins was going to guard Diebler, Buford, or Lighty... Craft never crossed my mind.

    I guess that's why I'm a fan and not a coach.
    Same. OSU had no rhythm on offensive and it was because of Liggins.

  7. #67
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    It was also identical to when Calipari put Liggins on Siva
    Yup...

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendomer57 View Post
    WOW most excited as I have ever been as a UK fan.
    It was up there with the football win over LSU for me. I was way to young to realize how big a title was in '96 and '98, I thought it was an every year right of passage. IF UK can just win one in the next few years I will never ask for another one the rest of my life. I just want to see one of my teams win the big one .

  9. #69
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    This was a text a got from a friend, who is an Ohio State fan, right after the game.

    I would rather lose to Michigan 10 years in a row. GO HEELS.

  10. #70
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Jorts dominaed Sullinger, I don't know about anyone else but with that one stretch in the 2bd half when Jones had Sully while Harrellson was out was kilk inomes bag us, Sully dominated Jones. Jorts comes back in and game over for Sullinger. What a job Liggins did on Craft as well.
    U.K. played a very smart game as well.
    I have questioned him at times this season but tonight Calapari flat outcoached Matta! This U.K. team was prepared, came in with a great game plan, knew what they were to do and they executed! I am so glad to be wrong on my prediction.

    [B]Harrellson - 17pts....10reb....3 ast....3blk
    Liggins ------15ps.................3asst....3blk

    ELITE 8 / UNC NEXT

    GO BIG BLUE!!!

  11. #71
    Lucky Charms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    I'm going to show you how great I am! -Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    8,376

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    It was up there with the football win over LSU for me. I was way to young to realize how big a title was in '96 and '98, I thought it was an every year right of passage. IF UK can just win one in the next few years I will never ask for another one the rest of my life. I just want to see one of my teams win the big one .
    Yes , you will. Once you taste it, you want some more!

  12. #72
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    This was a text a got from a friend, who is an Ohio State fan, right after the game.

    I would rather lose to Michigan 10 years in a row. GO HEELS.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Bufford shot terribly and had words with Liggins. Could Liggins have gotten in his head?

  14. #74
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    It was up there with the football win over LSU for me. I was way to young to realize how big a title was in '96 and '98, I thought it was an every year right of passage. IF UK can just win one in the next few years I will never ask for another one the rest of my life. I just want to see one of my teams win the big one .
    The 96 win was awesome, the 98 win is a little fuzzy

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    This was a text a got from a friend, who is an Ohio State fan, right after the game.

    I would rather lose to Michigan 10 years in a row. GO HEELS.
    I hope he gets his wish.

Top