John Calipari

Page 5 of Originally Posted by Original Rookie What would you have done? Kept calling him a cheater and ran your own site into the ground? Would have said I'll g... 80 comments | 3184 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    What would you have done? Kept calling him a cheater and ran your own site into the ground?
    Would have said I'll give him some time to prove me wrong, not try to erase any history of something I said on record...
    Advertisement

  2. #62
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,251

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    Ya think?
    Exactly. Let's call it what it is, not try to make me into some blindly loyal fan...

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Would have said I'll give him some time to prove me wrong, not try to erase any history of something I said on record...
    Which is the appropriate thing to do but I certainly can see the reasoning behind what he did. Most of Big Blue Nation was thrilled with the hire and being the founder of that site, it was much better for business for him to be as well.

  4. #64
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Which is the appropriate thing to do but I certainly can see the reasoning behind what he did. Most of Big Blue Nation was thrilled with the hire and being the founder of that site, it was much better for business for him to be as well.
    So sell your integrity for page views. Not my style, but is nothing new to Matt Jones...

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    So sell your integrity for page views. Not my style, but is nothing new to Matt Jones...
    At that point, why not just embrace Cal and jump on board?

    FWIW, he did say on air that if he was a Louisville fan he would still be calling Cal a cheater to other UK fans.

  6. #66
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    At that point, why not just embrace Cal and jump on board?

    FWIW, he did say on air that if he was a Louisville fan he would still be calling Cal a cheater to other UK fans.
    Because he still feels the same way he always did deep down...

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    I don't read this Bleacher Report site regularly, but on a cursory glance, I find no evidence that the writer is a UConn fan/homer. Not sure where you're getting that from, unless it's simply a homer reaction to a piece that goes against your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    Especially since that whole "more momentum and for longer" part is factually inaccurate. Kentucky is 10-0 since 2/26 while UConn is 10-2. UConn's streak didn't start until 3/8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    What? What does this have anything to do with what I said? I'm not defending the quality of the article (which is indeed not that well written); just the rush by you guys to paint him as a UConn fan, even though there is no evidence that he is.
    I'll try to make it simple:

    UK fans call out the reporter for being a homer.
    You claim there is nothing to support such ludicrous claims.
    I point out a specific example of him using false information to paint UConn in a more positive light.
    You claim this is completely irrelevant.

    So according to you, using incorrect information to speak more highly about UConn is in no way evidence that the writer may hold a favorable bias towards UConn?

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.

  9. #69
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.
    Sounds reasonable...

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.
    No different than those who are certain he cheats even thought he's never been caught.

  11. #71
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    I'll try to make it simple:

    UK fans call out the reporter for being a homer.
    You claim there is nothing to support such ludicrous claims.
    I point out a specific example of him using false information to paint UConn in a more positive light.
    You claim this is completely irrelevant.

    So according to you, using incorrect information to speak more highly about UConn is in no way evidence that the writer may hold a favorable bias towards UConn?
    We've noted before that it's a rush piece, not well-researched. You have zeroed in on this "momentum" thing as though he did all this deep research to back up his opinion, even though the writer obviously is just tossing out a gut feeling.

    And still, none of your numbers there proves anything in terms of this writer being a UConn homer. He's made two things obvious, and two things only: That he's a lazy writer, and that he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK.

    You're making a leap in logic without complete information. I'll ask you: If I think that UK is going to win Saturday and Monday, does that make me a UK fan?

  12. #72
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,150

    I'm beyond being bothered by accusatory articles labeling such-and-such coach a cheater. As I've said a million and four times, all the big boys cheat in some way, shape, or form. If you're careless enough to get caught, or stupid enough to continue to deny it even though the evidence proves otherwise, then you dig your own grave. Most who throw the cheating element into a discussion are either haters or incredibly naive.

    That coach is a cheater = That politician is a liar

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Cal is not a cheater. Even if he gets caught cheating, I will not believe it.


    I'm with you.

    I'm just going to enjoy the ride for however long it lasts.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    We've noted before that it's a rush piece, not well-researched. You have zeroed in on this "momentum" thing as though he did all this deep research to back up his opinion, even though the writer obviously is just tossing out a gut feeling.

    And still, none of your numbers there proves anything in terms of this writer being a UConn homer. He's made two things obvious, and two things only: That he's a lazy writer, and that he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK.

    You're making a leap in logic without complete information. I'll ask you: If I think that UK is going to win Saturday and Monday, does that make me a UK fan?
    I'll take your admission that "he doesn't like Calipari and/or UK." as close enough to him being a UConn homer. When you're writing a UConn/UK article, it doesn't really make a difference if you're pro UConn or anti UK. Its the same thing.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,962

    Thought John Clay did a good job addressing this. http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/31/1...-calipari.html

Top