Is Brandon Knight coming back?

Page 5 of Originally Posted by doubledeuce No argument here. How will Knight do against NBA defenders? He'll be fine. Might take a little time, but he is a smart... 98 comments | 4123 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    WHAT?????????????????????????
    Player's that go to the league before they're ready get swallowed up most of the time. Sebastian Telfair, Dejaun Wagner, Kwame Brown, Gerald Green, all come to mind. I think Knight still has some things to work on before an NBA team would really want to hand him the keys. Maybe his shooting can make up for it,, maybe not. All I know is that I think he's more likely to learn how to play a more tradtional PG role in college than in the league.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Player's that go to the league before they're ready get swallowed up most of the time. Sebastian Telfair, Dejaun Wagner, Kwame Brown, Gerald Green, all come to mind. I think Knight still has some things to work on before an NBA team would really want to hand him the keys. Maybe his shooting can make up for it,, maybe not. All I know is that I think he's more likely to learn how to play a more tradtional PG role in college than in the league.
    Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.

  3. #63
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    PP, Daniel Orton is exactly the kind of guy I was thinking about. Dude will never develop in the league IMO, and I don't think that would have been the case with another year or two of schooling. Dude has zero shot at success IMO.
    I agree. I understood your point from the jump.

  4. #64
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.
    Then he may as well leave since this will be as good as it gets for him.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.
    Why is it a foregone conclusion that Knight will be moved?

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.
    I would imagine that BK would get the handle the ball plenty next year, I think he's earned that. Maybe playing off the ball some would help him as well though, sort of like former QBs becoming good WRs in college.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    I would imagine that BK would get the handle the ball plenty next year, I think he's earned that. Maybe playing off the ball some would help him as well though, sort of like former QBs becoming good WRs in college.
    I think he'd be better off the ball. I feel like that's more natural for him. Don't get me wrong, he's a really really good PG. But I love the way he frees himself up off screens and immediately catches and shoots. He has the ability to play both positions. I agree he'd be better served to come back another year. Just not for the same reason as you. I think it would improve his stock by showcasing his off the ball play. The NBA has already seen what he can do at point. Obviously he would still play some point next year. It just wouldn't be his primary position.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide View Post
    Why is it a foregone conclusion that Knight will be moved?
    Go watch anything and everything you can on Marquis Teague. He's the real deal, and a TRUE point guard. Knight can very easily move over to the 2 and things would continue to run smoothly IMO. It's just the best move for the team.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Then he may as well leave since this will be as good as it gets for him.
    I never said this was as good as it gets. I still think he'd be better off returning next year, but that's because I see him as more of a shooting guard due to his natural abilities. The NBA needs to see that side of him, and it could further improve his draft stock. He's a hybrid guard. Much like Lou Williams, which I pointed put earlier. He's definitely got the tools to play point, but can be used in a variety of ways.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,042

    Knight is coming back and everyone else because there is going to be an NBA lockout.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    I never said this was as good as it gets. I still think he'd be better off returning next year, but that's because I see him as more of a shooting guard due to his natural abilities. The NBA needs to see that side of him, and it could further improve his draft stock. He's a hybrid guard. Much like Lou Williams, which I pointed put earlier. He's definitely got the tools to play point, but can be used in a variety of ways.
    Don't you think he'd be a small shooting guard though? I would think he would have more success in the Steph Curry, Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups role where he scores as much as he passes. I don't see him being a successful starting shooting guard at all in the NBA, even though the league is getting smaller. He'd be fine against guys like Monte Ellis or Eric Gordon, but the bigger guys or the stronger/quicker guys would abuse him worse than the fast PGs would. JMO.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Don't you think he'd be a small shooting guard though? I would think he would have more success in the Steph Curry, Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups role where he scores as much as he passes. I don't see him being a successful starting shooting guard at all in the NBA, even though the league is getting smaller. He'd be fine against guys like Monte Ellis or Eric Gordon, but the bigger guys or the stronger/quicker guys would abuse him worse than the fast PGs would. JMO.
    I do see what you're saying and I agree for the most part. I still think he could succeed in the league as a SG, but is probably better served as PG. So if he comes back, does he play the point for us next year with Teague coming off the bench? Because I can't see Teague at the 2. Then again, I didn't expect Bledsoe to play as well as he did there either.

  13. #73
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Teague can play the 2. Did it a lot for Pike this year actually...

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Teague can play the 2. Did it a lot for Pike this year actually...
    I'll take your word for it then. I've only seen a little bit of his game and he looked like a true point guard. I just want the two on the court at the same time, regardless of position.

  15. #75
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue12 View Post
    I'll take your word for it then. I've only seen a little bit of his game and he looked like a true point guard. I just want the two on the court at the same time, regardless of position.
    He definately a PG first and foremost, but playing off the ball is not something new to Mook...

Top