Harrison Barnes to return to UNC

  1. #1
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Harrison Barnes to return to UNC

    As seen on Sportscenter. It is official now. UNC has to be preseason number 1 now.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,739

    Wow. I didn't think he actually would. Can't wait for the UK vs. UNC matchup!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    At the Card Table
    Posts
    17,862

    I think this is a poor decision, but UNC/UK game should be one for the ages!

  4. #4
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    I love it. Can't help but like Barnes. That game is going to be unreal! Depending on what Knight and Jones decide, there could be 10+ 1st round picks in the 2012 draft in that one.

  5. #5
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    WOW! Where was he being projected? Top 5, top 10? Really surprised at this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    At the Card Table
    Posts
    17,862

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    WOW! Where was he being projected? Top 5, top 10? Really surprised at this.
    Top 3

  7. #7
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,264

    Roy Williams must be some sort of hypnotist.

    But in all seriousness, this has to be the lockout fears, yes?

  8. #8
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Wow. I didn't think he actually would. Can't wait for the UK vs. UNC matchup!
    Even as a Duke fan I can't wait to see this game.

  9. #9
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire View Post
    Roy Williams must be some sort of hypnotist.

    But in all seriousness, this has to be the lockout fears, yes?
    I don't know. I would think the top 5 picks could get easy endorsement money somehow. I'd love to hear how he came to his decision.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,802

    Barnes just gained a lot of cool points with me.

    Can't wait for UNC/UK at Rupp.

  11. #11
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Barnes is a very bright kid from a stable background. He knows his game still needs refinement and money is not an issue....

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Barnes is a very bright kid from a stable background. He knows his game still needs refinement and money is not an issue....
    His game needs some refinement but not a ton. You have way more time to refine your game in the NBA than you do in college. Regardless, I'm impressed with his decision. I know two other guys who wear Blue that should follow suit

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Now we just need to hear from the UK guys. I'd say Barnes goes if there wasn't going to be a lockout.

  14. #14
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    His game needs some refinement but not a ton. You have way more time to refine your game in the NBA than you do in college.
    Not if there isn't an NBA to refine in for most of the season...

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Not if there isn't an NBA to refine in for most of the season...
    But he would have even more time available to him then.

Top