Harrison Barnes

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Pancake Wrong! Anyone have it right???... 121 comments | 4781 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Not even going to worry about who's coming back for any team until UK is done playing for the year. With that said, this will be one of the weakest drafts ever if all of those guys stay in college, and it's already a pretty weak draft.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Knight has been tearing it up. His stock is as high as it's going to get and he'll be a top 5 pick... He won't want to leave but the money will be too much to turn down.
    That isn't enough reason to say Knight will go. Knight has not been projected in the top 10 in any mock draft I have seen, let alone in the top 5. Barnes and Sullinger would both be a higher draft pick than Knight and get more money than Knight and they are supposedly coming back. So money alone obviously isn't the be all and end all in these decisions. Knight is very smart and an excellent student. I have heard Knight really wants his degree and might do a Patrick Patterson - stay and get his degree in three years.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    ^I think Walter's predictions are wishful thinking at work.

  4. #19
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,450

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    ^I think Walter's predictions are wishful thinking at work.
    Not wishful thinking, my friend.

    Knight is a very good student but let's not forget John Wall was a very good student as well last year and left. Obviously Wall was a much better prospect, but if Cal thinks he's ready, he's gone. I don't see how Knight isn't ready? Can you say Bledsoe was a better prospect last year than Knight this year?

    IF Barnes, Sully, and Thompson all three stay, how is Knight not a top 5 or top 10 pick?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Posts
    199

    I agree, neither Bledsoe or Orton were ready last year, but Orton wasn't thinking clearly apparently and Bledsoe had to go because of family money issues. Bledsoe did not necessarily want to go, but had to because he needed the money. With that being said, UK being this close to a championship only helps I think. Makes them want to come back and get another. Unfortunately, I think both Jones and Knight are gone.

  6. #21
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,147

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Can you say Bledsoe was a better prospect last year than Knight this year?
    Hard to tell. Bledsoe was the second highest point guard prospect in last year's draft behind Wall. Don't know where Knight will be, but he won't be the top PG prospect (Kyrie Irving will).

  7. #22

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    . Don't know where Knight will be, but he won't be the top PG prospect (Kyrie Irving will).
    Will Knight go before Kemba?

  8. #23
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    70,147

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Will Knight go before Kemba?
    I would guess because of his height, yes.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,962

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Knight has been tearing it up. His stock is as high as it's going to get and he'll be a top 5 pick... He won't want to leave but the money will be too much to turn down.
    Not really doubting the point you make Walter but wouldn't the same rationale hold true for Barnes??

  10. #25
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Knight has been tearing it up. His stock is as high as it's going to get and he'll be a top 5 pick... He won't want to leave but the money will be too much to turn down.
    And that's different than Barnes and Sullinger how exactly?

  11. #26
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Word is Barnes will announce tomorrow that he is returning to UNC...

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Word is Barnes will announce tomorrow that he is returning to UNC...
    If true, they would have to be ranked #1 going into next year.

  13. #28
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Wow...

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    What are next year's preseason rankings?

    #1 - Carolina
    #2 - Kansas
    #3 - Kentucky
    #4 - Duke
    #8 - Louisville

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,802

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    What are next year's preseason rankings?

    #1 - Carolina
    #2 - Kansas
    #3 - Kentucky
    #4 - Duke
    #8 - Louisville
    OSU may have Sullinger returning. Not sure who else they have returning or what type of class they have coming in?

Top