Elite 8: Kentucky vs. UNC predictions 3/27

Page 4 of What do you all think about the rematch? Advertisement Mar 26, 11, 12:17 AM #2 CatsCatsCats View Profile View Forum Posts Registered User Join Dat... 65 comments | 2803 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kentucky

    30 56.60%
  • North Carolina

    23 43.40%
  1. #46

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    Earlier in the year I would say NC. Liggens is lockdown on D. Miller/Lamb one is due to get off. Knight has shown the potential to take over. Jorts is solid. Jones played about as bad as possible in the 1st matchup. Cal is great at playing the underdog 4 seed even though Vegas has UK -1.5. As a coach one thing I hate is having to try to beat a great team twice. It is very tough to do. Didn't think a month ago I would feel this way but IF KY comes down off the cloud (I think they will because UNC beat them earlier) then I think UK wins in a classic.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    I think UK is the better team, but it should be another close game. I think Liggins will be on the PG again to disrupt the UNC offense. They changed when the PG changed. Once again, can't afford Harrelson in foul trouble. Who thought Jorts would be the one guy we can't play without?

    Also, a big difference in last year and this year is the upperclassmen leadership. Patterson provided that to a degree last year, but he didn't provide that intense, refuse to lose, I'm going to make big plays and not be denied leadership like we've had from Miller, Liggins and Harrelson down the stretch of this season.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide View Post
    I think UK is the better team, but it should be another close game. I think Liggins will be on the PG again to disrupt the UNC offense. They changed when the PG changed. Once again, can't afford Harrelson in foul trouble. Who thought Jorts would be the one guy we can't play without?

    Also, a big difference in last year and this year is the upperclassmen leadership. Patterson provided that to a degree last year, but he didn't provide that intense, refuse to lose, I'm going to make big plays and not be denied leadership like we've had from Miller, Liggins and Harrelson down the stretch of this season.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,819

    What is UK's record this year against Teams who have already beaten them?

    Knight had an off night against OSU. Normally when he has an off night, he comes back and scores big the next game. D. Miller needs to play well. He had 7 early points against OSU and didn't score again I don't think...I look for this to be another good game. Go CATS!

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,491

    My hope is that NC doesn't defend well. On the other end it will take a Herculean effort by UK to stop them, I think. They are very big (Henson and Zeller) up front. I assume Jones will have to guard one of these bigs. Zeller has more moves than Sully. Liggins on Barnes? The keys: another outstanding defensive performance and Jones really stepping up (which unfortunately may be questionable).

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by okie1 View Post
    What is UK's record this year against Teams who have already beaten them?

    Knight had an off night against OSU. Normally when he has an off night, he comes back and scores big the next game. D. Miller needs to play well. He had 7 early points against OSU and didn't score again I don't think...I look for this to be another good game. Go CATS!
    This year? 5-0
    UConn - L on 11/24,
    UNC - L on 12/4
    UGA - L on 1/8, W on 1/29
    Bama - L on 1/18
    Ole Miss - L on 2/1, W on 3/11
    Florida - L on 2/5, W on 2/26 and 3/13
    Vandy - L on 2/12, W on 3/1
    Ark - L on 2/23

    So if they win the next two, they'll have avenged 6 of their 8 losses on the year.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    This year? 5-0
    UConn - L on 11/24,
    UNC - L on 12/4
    UGA - L on 1/8, W on 1/29
    Bama - L on 1/18
    Ole Miss - L on 2/1, W on 3/11
    Florida - L on 2/5, W on 2/26 and 3/13
    Vandy - L on 2/12, W on 3/1
    Ark - L on 2/23

    So if they win the next two, they'll have avenged 6 of their 8 losses on the year.
    That was what I was thinking, but I am not a stat guy. I believe Cal being the master motivator uses that big time when preparing for these types of games. After Knight had the sub par game against Princeton, I told my dad he would score 30 vs WVU. I believe he goes off again with about 25 and UK pulls one out in the last minute of the game...

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    C'BURG
    Posts
    6,820

    UNC takes this one.

    UNC 74
    UK 67

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    1,098

    Need a big game for Doron Lamb. He has been extremely quite in the NCAA.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    This year? 5-0
    UConn - L on 11/24,
    UNC - L on 12/4
    UGA - L on 1/8, W on 1/29
    Bama - L on 1/18
    Ole Miss - L on 2/1, W on 3/11
    Florida - L on 2/5, W on 2/26 and 3/13
    Vandy - L on 2/12, W on 3/1
    Ark - L on 2/23

    So if they win the next two, they'll have avenged 6 of their 8 losses on the year.
    Also beat Bama in the SEC tourney.

  11. #56
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Cats fall one game short of the Final Four yet again.
    I hate to say it but I agreee on UNC winning this one. Like I have said before this thread is not about who we want to win. I hope that we are both wrong again.

  12. #57
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by oldrambler View Post
    I hate to say it but I agreee on UNC winning this one. Like I have said before this thread is not about who we want to win. I hope that we are both wrong again.
    Should U.K. lose, will people be calling for "elite 8 Cal""can't win a championship Cal" to be gone ?

  13. #58
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,983

    Kentucky 72-68.

  14. #59
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,809

    I hope the refs let them play and don't call a lot of ticky-tack fouls. If they call it tight then Harrelson and Jones will probably be in early foul trouble, just like when they played at UNC in December. UK has to have those two in the game. Of course, this works both ways though. Jones and Miller need to draw UNC's bigs away from the basket and drive on them. We need fouls called then.

    Also, they need to call the walks on Zeller. He shuffels his feet a lot on some of his moves. Most the time he gets by with it.

    I worry about UNC's bigs hurting the Cats with lob dunks. They kill most teams over the top.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    Let us pray.

    Our Brandon knight, who art in lexvegas, bad mamma jamma be thy name. Thy victories come, thy will be won, on earth as it is in big blue heaven. Give us this day our final four and forgive us our turnovers, as we forgive those (sometimes) who do not love the big blue. and lead us not into next season but deliver us from Newark to Houston.

    Amen

Top