Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

Page 6 of Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams I think we know who we can have discussions with and not on here. Most definitely. Advertisement Mar 27, 11, 09:... 212 comments | 6917 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    7,331

    A whole website with Duke love:


    http://truthaboutduke.com/index.php
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by doubledeuce View Post
    Athletes at Duke have lower academic requirements for admissions than the regular student body.
    As with most Universities in Division I......is that all you have to contribute? With that, would you say that most Duke players aren't good students? Or even above average?

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    7,331

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    As with most Universities in Division I......is that all you have to contribute? With that, would you say that most Duke players aren't good students? Or even above average?


    You asked me what my point was to a post where I quoted someone else... I gave it. I do not know the players academic background or what progress they make. In fact, I do not care if they can spell their name and that is not limited to just Duke players, it is any college player, any school.

  4. #79
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by doubledeuce View Post
    How would Duke fans feel if Coach K ended up coaching at UNC?

    Or if Dean Smith comes out of retirement to coach at Duke?

    Yeah, I'm sure at the time that Georgia fans were happy with Tubbys move.

    No way that UNC fans, or Duke fans would have the hatred toward Coach K, or Coach Smith that UK fans have toward Rick considering everything those coaches have done for their respective programs.

  5. #80
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,083

    Quote Originally Posted by SEMPERFIFALCON View Post
    I've told this story before, but while living in North Carolina and being around several Duke fans I can guarantee you that several of them dislike UK. Still to this day the most pathetic act I’ve ever seen from a fan came in 2001 from a Duke fan who vandalized my friend’s truck and UK license plate.
    Personally I don’t buy the opinions on here from those that have never felt the pulse of a fan base other than UK’s. I’ve lived in Missouri, North Carolina, Kentucky and California and been exposed to every major fan base in the country through the people I’ve been surrounded by, and the one thing I think I’ve learned is all your winning programs have a portion of the fan base that seem like elitist and arrogant as well.
    Thank you. Next.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    606

    Top program in the last ten years, as bad as I hate saying it, probably is Duke. However, think North Carolina in a close second and some could even argue Florida within the past five years.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by PhiSlamaJama View Post
    Top program in the last ten years, as bad as I hate saying it, probably is Duke. However, think North Carolina in a close second and some could even argue Florida within the past five years.
    Hard to tell.....it is quite fun to be a fan of the hated. I have grown quite used to it, with Trinity and all.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    I think Duke fans have more class than most Kentucky fans and they are no where as big as a cry baby as Kentucky fans are.

    I say this after being in North Carolina for one basetball season and after meeting many Dule fans from down there.
    Crazy post. UK fans seem bad because you live in KY and they have a large fan base. Go to Durham and you'll find some crazies and crybabies.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    I honestly don't get the hate of UK fans toward any school or coach. The one that baffles me more than any is the extreme hate displayed toward Rick Pitino and Louisville. Where would the UK program be today if it weren't for Coach Pitino? He brought the UK program back pretty much from dead, and made it a national power again. Who cares if he went to an in state rival. A lot of my friends and family say he has no class because of that move. They call him a traitor. The Cats play Louisville once a year, and the game means nothing but state bragging rights. Yet these same people thought nothing of the move of two former UK coaches who went from a SEC rival school to become a Kentucky coach (Bill Curry and Tubby Smith). I can understand UK fans not liking Christian Laettner, but why so much hate toward Duke? Coach K has always been a class act toward UK, and their fans whether he has beaten the Cats, or lost to the Cats. The only honest reason so many UK fans hate Duke so much is because they feel threatened by the Duke program being superior to the Kentucky program. All of these means very little in the grand scheme of things. Get over it, and enjoy life.
    Pitino has always been scum, most of us just overlooked it while he was at UK.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Fact is, Duke has been the best basketball program of my lifetime. That is why they are hated by peers my age group.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE View Post
    Fact is, Duke has been the best basketball program of my lifetime. That is why they are hated by peers my age group.
    Simple enough.

  12. #87
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,083

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Pitino has always been scum, most of us just overlooked it while he was at UK.
    Fair enough.

  13. #88
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Pitino has always been scum, most of us just overlooked it while he was at UK.

    Typical reaction. I guess you'll be saying the same thing about Cal when he's gone.

  14. #89
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    What's funny is he doesn't know where the term 18% came from...

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Hard to tell.....it is quite fun to be a fan of the hated. I have grown quite used to it, with Trinity and all.
    Sure is, UK is hated on all the time.

Top