Do Duke fans hate UK the way UK fans hate Duke

Page 14 of Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams I think we know who we can have discussions with and not on here. Most definitely. Advertisement Mar 27, 11, 09:... 212 comments | 6914 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #196
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    That may be accurate, but you consider everyone who disagrees with you to be in the "18%."
    Incorrect, but thanks for playing.
    Advertisement

  2. #197
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by cincy217 View Post
    It's simple PP. You have class and are mature.
    Thank you. I try. Every day there is a different test. I have learned(finally) to treat people the way I want to be treated and I want to lose in peace. If I can get to where I can ignore flaming comments then things will get even better. I still have the mentality that if I don't like your comment I'll have a comeback and then the verbal sparring begins. I do need to work on that.

  3. #198
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,251

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsrider View Post
    I don't know if Duke fans hate UK as much or not but I do know that when Duke loses my facebook lights up with posts about it. That happens with no other team.
    The same goes for my facebook page when Kentucky loses....

  4. #199

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Ho ho ho 4 in a row
    Posts
    6,797

    I got tired of reading after a couple pages so I didn't make it through ever comment on this topic but for me, and I think for many in my age range, I have hated Duke ever since the Latner shot that beat us. I also, like many, dislike them because they are a national power and in my perfect world only UK would be basketball royality. That to me is just part of what being a fan and loving your team is about. I enjoy having hate for Duke but it's not a hate beyond wanting them to lose in basketball.

  5. #200

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    928

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Not even close.....most in the Triangle could care less about UK, and are likely rooting for them to beat Carolina. I hate UK because of my college roommate ('95-'98)....
    You are dead-on!

    There's a dislike for all ACC teams, but outside of the hatred Duke/Carolina have for each, other teams are rarely brought up in a discussion.

  6. #201
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    The same goes for my facebook page when Kentucky loses....

  7. #202

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    The same goes for my facebook page when Kentucky loses....
    Oops ... I misread it.

  8. #203
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    The same goes for my facebook page when Kentucky loses....
    Who do these people root for? I usually have a UL fan or two pop something off.

  9. #204

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    I watched the Kentucky-Carolina game at a local sports bar on Sunday. There was a guy walking around with a Carolina shirt, and I congratulated him on his courage. His response was that he is a Duke fan and was being loyal to the ACC. I was shocked ...

  10. #205
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider View Post
    I watched the Kentucky-Carolina game at a local sports bar on Sunday. There was a guy walking around with a Carolina shirt, and I congratulated him on his courage. His response was that he is a Duke fan and was being loyal to the ACC. I was shocked ...



    When I was on the Duke message board most said there was no way they could root for UNC but there were some who felt that way about UK. Myself, I didn't see a need to root for either. Just enjoyed a game as a neutral observer. Gun to my head then I'd roll with UK.

  11. #206

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,966

    Quote Originally Posted by westsider View Post
    I watched the Kentucky-Carolina game at a local sports bar on Sunday. There was a guy walking around with a Carolina shirt, and I congratulated him on his courage. His response was that he is a Duke fan and was being loyal to the ACC. I was shocked ...
    I've actually heard that a lot down here. (Kind of like KY football fans sticking up for any SEC school in the BCS Title Game) Most diehard UNC/Dukies I've met down here can not stand to pick up the other team's mantle no matter the conference loyalty. Some, but more Tar Heels than I can count have said, "Well at least we lasted longer than Duke."

  12. #207

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Posts
    17,966

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post


    When I was on the Duke message board most said there was no way they could root for UNC but there were some who felt that way about UK. Myself, I didn't see a need to root for either. Just enjoyed a game as a neutral observer. Gun to my head then I'd roll with UK.
    I've got the gun Purple, and I know where you live.

    Just kidding.

  13. #208
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,887

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    I've got the gun Purple, and I know where you live.

    Just kidding.


    Glad no one is around me. That made me laugh out loud.

  14. #209
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,251

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Who do these people root for? I usually have a UL fan or two pop something off.
    Louisville fans are normally the ones to quickly post something about a Kentucky loss. But my Duke friends normally post something before (or after) a big game, especially when Kentucky loses. Same goes for the Cincinnati fans that I know.

    The majority of people are undoubtedly Louisville fans. I know quite a few UL fans/friends who spend more time reading about UK then most of the UK fans I know...

  15. #210
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy View Post
    Louisville fans are normally the ones to quickly post something about a Kentucky loss. But my Duke friends normally post something before (or after) a big game, especially when Kentucky loses. Same goes for the Cincinnati fans that I know.

    The majority of people are undoubtedly Louisville fans. I know quite a few UL fans/friends who spend more time reading about UK then most of the UK fans I know...
    Make sure and let the 18-percenters on this board know about one certain UofL fan who does not do that stuff on FB ... since they don't believe it to be possible.

    And to be fair, I don't even really do any flaming on here either. It's usually straight analysis after losses with me. My needling takes different forms.

Top