Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Page 5 of Originally Posted by RockPride Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well,... 75 comments | 2005 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I think you missed the point.
    No. You may have meant it for someone else, but if it's geared towards me, then some digging is to be done. I hate UK, but I understand and recognize their skill level and ability.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Posts
    405

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.
    I don't think the jubilation is caused by the fact that no one ever saw this coming. The "we shocked the world" threads are quite overblown, but I think it stems from the fact that UK hadn't exceeded expectations in the tournament in quite some time. It has usually been the opposite, with UK being a favorite only to disappoint. When was the last time UK won a close game in the tournament, especially as the underdog? Throw in the fact that it was against the number one overall seed on a last second shot, as well as how many had given up on this team and been looking ahead to next year, and I can definitely understand it.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.
    Seriously, I don't think I hvave ever seen the word used that much in one post.

    But now the pressure is really on UK because if they win they get your respect. You have no idea how much that means to UK.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Has to be the biggest win since 98. 13 years is a long time, plenty of reason to celebrate.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Koun Dog View Post
    But now the pressure is really on UK because if they win they get your respect. You have no idea how much that means to UK.
    Exactly,why do so many people care about what I think? Maybe they say they don't, and that's fine. We all have opinions, I have mine, we move forward.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Has to be the biggest win since 98. 13 years is a long time, plenty of reason to celebrate.
    WE know, but it means nothing yet.

  7. #67
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    WE know, but it means nothing yet.
    If you know they why were you complaining about people being excited about it? I'm over it now but it was nice to enjoy last night.

  8. #68
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,432

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    What will you say if UK beats UNC?
    "When", CCC, "when".

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    WE know, but it means nothing yet.
    I don't buy that wins like that mean NOTHING unless you win the title.

  10. #70
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    No. You may have meant it for someone else, but if it's geared towards me, then some digging is to be done. I hate UK, but I understand and recognize their skill level and ability.
    I'm not doing any digging, and I'll let you decide who it was for.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    If we got this excited about UK getting to the elite 8, can you imagine what we'll do tonight if the Cats win?

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I'm not doing any digging, and I'll let you decide who it was for.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    If we got this excited about UK getting to the elite 8, can you imagine what we'll do tonight if the Cats win?
    And rightfully so.....to end the longest Final Four drought in program history, that would be enormous.

  14. #74
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,081

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.
    You are hilarious. Thanks for playin.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by jvdfc View Post
    You are hilarious. Thanks for playin.
    As I look to you for affirmation and confidence building.

Top