Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Page 4 of Originally Posted by RockPride Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well,... 75 comments | 2007 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    And who, exactly are you talking about?
    Almost as easy as picking out the 18%ers.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,914

    What has always cracked me up about the non-pro UK crowd is the insinuation that because they are not a UK fan, they are somehow level headed and grounded when it comes to all matters UK related. Is the jubilation a little high? Sure it is. But to try and discredit it as if it was no big deal is silly given how poorly UK has played at points this season and tOSUs hold on the top spot for most of the year. Compared to previous years, no, tOSU was not great. College basketball play and talent is at an all time low and continues to get worse. But they were a heck of a team worthy of the accolades and UK has come a long way. Celebration is in order, but not for long..

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986

    It's clearly the biggest win of the Calipari Era, and it was an impressive defensive performance ... that's about it.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,396

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    What has always cracked me up about the non-pro UK crowd is the insinuation that because they are not a UK fan, they are somehow level headed and grounded when it comes to all matters UK related. Is the jubilation a little high? Sure it is. But to try and discredit it as if it was no big deal is silly given how poorly UK has played at points this season and tOSUs hold on the top spot for most of the year. Compared to previous years, no, tOSU was not great. College basketball play and talent is at an all time low and continues to get worse. But they were a heck of a team worthy of the accolades and UK has come a long way. Celebration is in order, but not for long..
    Excellent post.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Is there a mirror in your house? Go take a look at it .
    Find all the posts that make me mirror HB20.....don't worry, I'll wait.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.
    I'm not HB but will this one work? How many people picked OSU to win last night? 5 out of 6 people on the major networks? 1/4 of the people on ESPN's bracket pool had OHio State winning it all. UK's recruiting class is obviously not as good without Kanter who was the highest rated guy in the class.

    It's just hate, plain and simple. What will you say if UK beats UNC? Will it suddenly become less impressive as you will find faults with UNC's game somehow tomorrow?

  7. #52
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    Who is comparing this to championship wins? I keep seeing people saying that we shouldn't do that, but I haven't actually seen anyone do it. I'm sure I'm just over looking it.
    The "We shocked the world" thread wasn't a bit over the top?

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    The "We shocked the world" thread wasn't a bit over the top?
    The one that was started immediately after the game and got 3 responses?

  9. #54
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    Quote Originally Posted by mobaar View Post
    The one that was started immediately after the game and got 3 responses?
    I haven't read the game thread, so I'm betting there's more of the hyperbole in there.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a great win. But in a year when the college basketball game in general is down, it's not that big a surprise, given Kentucky's arc of improvement late in the season.

  10. #55
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Find all the posts that make me mirror HB20.....don't worry, I'll wait.
    I think you missed the point.

  11. #56
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    The "We shocked the world" thread wasn't a bit over the top?
    It's not comparing it to championships. This win shocked alot of people. It's not the biggest tourney win ever but it's big.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    Jim Nance referred to it as a "mega upset".

    I agree with the poster who said that the non UK fans will go out of their way to try and discredit anything UK does.

    I thing alot of my excitment came from the fact that it was a stomach turning win. 19 lead changes and 10 times.

  13. #58
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    42,914

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schue View Post
    ...given Kentucky's arc of improvement late in the season.
    To me that is the reason for as much excitement as their has been. I view at as more of a celebration in as far as they have come, not the sole fact they won the game.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by bugatti View Post
    To me that is the reason for as much excitement as their has been. I view at as more of a celebration in as far as they have come, not the sole fact they won the game.
    I hadn't thought about that but I think you're right. At least for me. I think that's part of why the win was so big, no one would have seen this as a possibility a month ago.

    People trash Cal's coaching ability, but he's done a heck of a job this year.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    It's just hate, plain and simple. What will you say if UK beats UNC? Will it suddenly become less impressive as you will find faults with UNC's game somehow tomorrow?
    Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.

Top