Cincinnati / U Conn Updates

Page 4 of Originally Posted by Clyde They've read zero rulebooks. Period. You and all 3 of them would lose any ref battle you can come up with. It would be steal... 107 comments | 2773 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Can you cite what the rulebook says for me?
    It sure as heck doesn't say that challenging shots at the rim is flagrant, does it? If it does, then I am wrong.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    When those "national" guys throw a whistle around their neck , read a rulebook, and get out there and decide to make snap decision calls I'll agree. Until then they're just writers ie fans ie not knowledgeable of the rulebook.
    They've called as many high school varsity and college games as you, right???

  3. #48
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    So what does UC need to do in the 2nd half to win this game? Other than score more points than UCONN...
    I'll say the same thing I said at half time of the UK game. It is always about the defense. They need to get stops and rebounds. Make Walker and Lamb put it on the floor and no 3's. Be patient on offense and make every possession count.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Clyde, what about the play earlier when Walker pump faked and then jumped directly into the UC player who was on the floor at the time of the contact? Was that a bad call?
    Was it around the foul line? The fact that he was on the floor is immaterial UNLESS he was there before Kemba started his shooting motion ASSUMING that the defender came forward when he jumped ie landed towards Kemba from the spot he jumped. If it's the play I think it was then it was close. I'd have to rewind to check it again.

  5. #50

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    They didn't call intentional. They called excessive. If he hadn't hit Kemba's body first it probably would have just been a regular foul. They are trying to protect players being fouled from behind while vulnerable.

    The fact that he "was going for the ball" is 100% irrelevant.
    There was no 'from behind' about that play. When two players head towards the rim there is bound to be body contact.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    They've called as many high school varsity and college games as you, right???
    They've read zero rulebooks. Period. You and all 3 of them would lose any ref battle you can come up with. It would be stealing candy from babies.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    There was no 'from behind' about that play. When two players head towards the rim there is bound to be body contact.
    Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.

  8. #53
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    And the 2nd half starts... Of the actual game not this argument.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.

    I checked it again. CLEARLY in front of the defender.

  10. #55
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Was it around the foul line? The fact that he was on the floor is immaterial UNLESS he was there before Kemba started his shooting motion ASSUMING that the defender came forward when he jumped ie landed towards Kemba from the spot he jumped. If it's the play I think it was then it was close. I'd have to rewind to check it again.
    That's the play. Looked to me like the UC defender was on the floor and Walker jumped straight into him. I would guess it was around the 12 minute mark.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Let me rewind it. I think you're wrong but let me check again.
    Through this disagreement you have taught me that there is a difference between excessive and intentional. Never knew that, maybe I should read a rulebook

  12. #57

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Through this disagreement you have taught me that there is a difference between excessive and intentional. Never knew that, maybe I should read a rulebook
    Hand it to GT when you're finished.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    That's the play. Looked to me like the UC defender was on the floor and Walker jumped straight into him. I would guess it was around the 12 minute mark.
    I saw a similar play in another game today. Seems like they always call it (not just because it's Kemba as GT wants you to believe) if the defender gets juked. You could argue in some cases that the offensive player came forward into the defender but it's very rarely called that way.

  14. #59
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,237

    Way to come out to start the second half. Got the stops. Got nice looks on offense. Just keep it rolling. Stay disciplined on both ends.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Posts
    143

    Just the start UC needed.

Top